Esteemed Contributor

Re: SILK OR SATIN PILLOWCASES

Nope,  not a gimmick, I can attest to that.  While traveling I didn't have my pillowcases with me.  Stayed at many motels and and since my hip surgery I sleep only on my left side.  Little by little the lines appeard on my cheek and when I got my satin cases back, guess what, slowly those lines went away, HONEST.

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I prefer the breathability of 100% cotton, and my head/face doesn't get hot and I don't sweat.

No problems with wrinkles or hair.

I think it's all just a gimmick that silk/satin prevents wrinkles.

The only thing that does that is a time machine.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

100% cotton for me, Egyptian if I'm feeling flush!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

The satin works for me but I never tried silk, are they very expensive?

@ILoveFragrance wrote:

I liked satin until I tried SILK NOW SILK pillowcases...........love them

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays GrandmaMy Mother used silk pillowcases and started me at a very young age. I wouldn't be without it. I do take one when we travel. Smooth skin and great hair because of the silk.

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201  Sorry, but at 68 except for a few crows feet (tiny ones), no wrinkles. Besides my satin pillow case, I've never sun bathed, used Retin A for 20 yrs., SPF at least 40 rain or shine and a great moisturizer and eye cream. Yes, it could be good genes and/or good luck...but no wrinkles.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma I've never tried silk either. The inexpensive zip on ones at BB&B do the trick.

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I have never in my life seen a 68 yr old woman with no wrinkles. I work as an esthetician in a derms office and I have worked on thousands of women in my career and never before I have seen this.

I also have never seen any convincing evidence from studies using digital laterality randomization that significantly correlated with the appearance of wrinkles or facial descent.

@Irshgrl31201 neither have I but apparently they are all on the QVC forums because almost everyone 60+ here says they don't have any wrinkles, some are even in their 70's and 80's! Smiley Happy I am actually shocked whenever I read someone actually admit to having wrinkles because it is so very rare on these forums. I have a feeling our definition of "wrinkles" and theirs are different. Smiley Wink My mom has gorgeous skin (late 60's) but even she has some wrinkles. whenever I read this on the forums, I take it with a grain of salt, regardless of how much they try to convince others they are wrinkle free. I am not sure why it is so shameful or embarassing or whatever to admit to wrinkles. We all know they are there. We all know we have them and/or will get them. I have wrinkles that show up on the outer corner of my eyes when I smile and I am in my 40's and have been religious about sunscreen since I was a baby (mom slathered me in it all the time, lol) and wearing hats and staying out of the sun,etc. wrinkles happen to us all for whatever reason (genetics, lifestyle, health, sun damage, etc). Nothing to be ashamed of. Shoot we are lucky to live long enough to GET wrinkles so for that, we should be thankful! 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

lG,,,wow, I am impressed, especially about the Biotin.  My hair has started to thin top front, just where I really need it, maybe I should give it a try.

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma

When I had my thyroid, etc. checked to rule out a medical reason for my hair thinning (all negative), my Dr. recommended satin pillowcases, because they cause less pulling on the hair when you toss & turn at night.

DH (also thinning) & I both have been using them ever since and we, personally, have seen a difference.

That in conjunction with 10,000 mcg. of Biotin a day, which he also recommended.

DH had a bald spot starting on the top of his head and it's filling in with a lot of new growth!

For me, I see a lot less shedding in the shower or when I brush my hair!

@Lindsays Grandma

You should! An added bonus with the biotin is what it does for your nails!

I've always had very thin nails that would peel, but now they're much stronger and I can actually get some length to them without them peeling!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I have never in my life seen a 68 yr old woman with no wrinkles. I work as an esthetician in a derms office and I have worked on thousands of women in my career and never before I have seen this.

I also have never seen any convincing evidence from studies using digital laterality randomization that significantly correlated with the appearance of wrinkles or facial descent.

@Irshgrl31201 neither have I but apparently they are all on the QVC forums because almost everyone 60+ here says they don't have any wrinkles, some are even in their 70's and 80's! Smiley Happy I am actually shocked whenever I read someone actually admit to having wrinkles because it is so very rare on these forums. I have a feeling our definition of "wrinkles" and theirs are different. Smiley Wink My mom has gorgeous skin (late 60's) but even she has some wrinkles. whenever I read this on the forums, I take it with a grain of salt, regardless of how much they try to convince others they are wrinkle free. I am not sure why it is so shameful or embarassing or whatever to admit to wrinkles. We all know they are there. We all know we have them and/or will get them. I have wrinkles that show up on the outer corner of my eyes when I smile and I am in my 40's and have been religious about sunscreen since I was a baby (mom slathered me in it all the time, lol) and wearing hats and staying out of the sun,etc. wrinkles happen to us all for whatever reason (genetics, lifestyle, health, sun damage, etc). Nothing to be ashamed of. Shoot we are lucky to live long enough to GET wrinkles so for that, we should be thankful! 

@HappyDaze

I totally agree with what you are saying.

Wrinkles are nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about.

But, we are a youth obsessed society, and it's a "sin" for any woman to look a day over 25, which is why the beauty industry is a multi-billion dolar industry, pushing their latest lotion, potion and creams, all promising to erase time off of our faces, and to keep us looking 25.

Valued Contributor

I sleep on a Slip Pure Silk Pillowcase. I bought two from Sephora last year. Really made a difference in hair breakage and frizz. Excited to see QVC now sells the brand A281525. Prices are the same regardless of where they are sold unless you have a Macy's or Sephora coupon. Must be hand washed in Luke warm water. I use Woolite Hand Washable liquid soap. I do not squeeze the water out (wrinkles). Instead, I blot the pillow case and roll it up in a bath towel to remove excess water. I hang over shower bar to dry. I love my Slip pillowcases!