Honored Contributor

Happy Monday morning everyone.  It is a beautiful sunny day here.  Supposed to be in the mid 90's.....

Woke up at 7:15 this morning and I got up then.  Have gotten quite a bit done already.  Paid 3 bills and they are waiting for the mailman to take them today.  Believe that is all I have to pay this month....better be.  

Still in my jammies, and now I need to make my bed.  Like to air it out before I do that.  Then I will be getting dressed.  Thinking I want some Peaches n Cream Oatmeal for my breakfast.  

Signing off for now.....will be back later.  Have a great Monday one and all.

Respected Contributor

hey girls...not much happening today. I did go into town about eight thirty this morning,had to pay bills. It is so smokey you can not read the street signs and barely see the trees. I desperately need a haircut but will have to wait anther month for that.I am not cooking today,I cleaned out the fridge and told DIL finish the left-overs,grandma not cooking until they are gone.I hate wasteing food,I have always been very frugal lol..showme,I don't make my bed either when I get up,it airs out for at least an hour and every friday I wash everything! love a clean bed!

Honored Contributor

Thought I better get back here before the game this evening....and I want to eat my dinner before that too.  Not sure what I'm going to have yet.  Not that hungry right now.  Maybe I'll fry 2 sunny side ups, toast, and a nice big mug of V8 juice.  

Got an email from the Q today that my slow cooker has shipped....checked the tracking info, but nothing available yet.  Will be happy when I get it and can start doing some cooking in it.  That way I won't have any problem trying to figure out what I want.  Know I will be having some things in the freezer that I can heat up and things that I like.

It really got very hot here this afternoon....over 95.  Will be so happy when we have fall weather.  One of the bills I paid this morning was the electric....hope that is the last big one for the season.....

@fourpaws56......thanks for the picture.  That smoke is awful.  Have you gotten those eye drops I suggested for you?  Do highly recommend that you get some.  It would relieve some of the burning you are feeling in your eyes.

Ok, off to fix my eggs.  See you all tomorrow some time.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Hope you are having a good day.

Good news......my slow cooker was delivered this morning.  I haven't opened it yet, but will a little later.  Anxious to see the cook book that comes with it so I know some of the different things I can fix and get some of that food delivered to me so I can fix it.

Was awakened by thunder this morning.  It did rain here, but now the sun is starting to come out.  

Watched the horrible game last night.  We lost 2 to 1.  Gosh, the Marlin's stadium was low on attendance.  Many, many empty seats.  If they were playing in St. Louis, the stadium would have been full of fans.....always is.  Don't know if I am going to watch tonight's game or not.  Probably not....but will be checking in on it just to see what is going on.

Ok, hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

showme, glad you got your slow cooker,I get a lot of use out of mine,its fifteen years old but works fine. I will roast some drumsticks and make my pasta broccoli Cheddar casserole,kids love it. I made a lot of oatmeal raisin cookies last night, that will be dessert. Yes, I got the eye drops,sure did help, thank you!

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

showme, glad you got your slow cooker,I get a lot of use out of mine,its fifteen years old but works fine. I will roast some drumsticks and make my pasta broccoli Cheddar casserole,kids love it. I made a lot of oatmeal raisin cookies last night, that will be dessert. Yes, I got the eye drops,sure did help, thank you!

@fourpaws56......it's a beauty.  Gosh, it was inside 3 different boxes, styrofoam protection around the whole thing,   Debbie was here to take care of my back, and she helped me get it open and out of the box.  Now, I have a lot of reading to do and learn how to use it.....  It is oval, and will work just fine on the counter next to the drainboard.  Think the plug will be long enough to reach....if not, will have to get an extension cord out for it.....and not use anything else at the time it is cooking.  Has a nice cook book with it...spiral bound.  Haven't opened that package yet.  But believe I have a warranty card to fill out.

The drumsticks and pasta broccoli casserole sounds delicious.  Oh how I love oatmeal raisin cookies.  Send me some.....lol

Glad you got the drops.....use them as often as you feel you need to.  

Have a wonderful evening.

Honored Contributor

Opened the slow cooker box.....it is a real beauty.  Have lots to read and learn before I use it.  Then have to order some things from the grocery store before I can use it.  Am thinking I want to try the boneless, skinless chicken breasts, potatoes, and onion in it for the first thing.  Normally do that in the oven.....  Hope it turns out good.

Have to say this.....Ohio is not the only state that has a serious election today.  We have one here in St. Louis/St. Louis County.  Will be watching the returns tonight instead of the game.....  It is very important to me.....  I already sent in my voting ballot.  Do it from home.....

Ok, have a few things I need to do now.  Will check in later.....  Have a great rest of your day and evening.

Honored Contributor

OMGosh.....it's HUMP DAY again.  Hope you are having a good one.

The Cards won last night.  So, they've lost one and won one of the 3 game series with the Marlins.  Will be playing again tonight.  

It's another beautiful day here again.  Will take all of them that we can have.  But, heat is supposed to be back starting again tomorrow.  Right now the sun is hiding.

Did catch some of the election returns for here in St. Louis area last night.  It turned out pretty good.  Except for the Prosecuting Attorney......that Ferguson episode is what hurt him.  Really, he is a good Prosecuting Attorney.....  This was a Primary election yesterday.  The big one will be in November.

Have to get busy on the slow cooker instructions today.  That is what I'll be doing this afternoon.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of your day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mornin everyone.  Beautiful sunny morning out there.  Supposed to get up to about 90 today....that is what it was supposed to do yesterday, but it got up to close to 95.

The Cards won the game last night.  They won 2 out of 3 games in the series.  Off today, then play KC Royals this weekend.  That should be interesting....know what I'll be doing this weekend.  Seems like this baseball season is moving so fast this year.  Was sorry to see our Bader got injured last night by his own batter's cap.  It fell off and hit him above his right eye.....the medical team went out immediately to attend to him.  It was above his eye in the eyebrow area.

Debbie (across the hall) came over yesterday.....she will be gone for a couple days, so that means I will have to take care of my back my self.  So after my shower and washing my hair I took care of my back.  Know now that I can do it.  She has been taking care of it 2 or 3 times a day.  Checked my radiation schedule yesterday.....it will be 4 weeks tomorrow that I had my final treatment.  At that last treatment day the Doctor told me it would be 4 to 6 weeks that the radiation would be working.  And that it is.  

Had a call yesterday evening from my chemo buddy, Sheri.  She had her last treatment a week ago this past Monday.  She was okay after that for 2 days and then it really hit her.....all she wanted to do was sleep.  Made her very tired.  Dr. G has told her she will probably have to be on chemo the rest of her life....even though she is in remission.  She is planning on coming to see me either Monday or Tuesday, and we will probably be going out for lunch.  She is one special person.  

Want to change my sheets today.  That will be a chore for me, but will take my time and rest in between.  Tomorrow evening is laundry time.  

Did look at the stuff that came with the slow cooker.  And they really have some nice things in the cook book that I can try to make.

PREDS.....So happy about the PET scan results.  I posted to you on your thread.   

Ok girls....better get going now.  Still in my jammies, and think I better get dressed.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of your day.

Honored Contributor

Well, the best laid plans of mice and woman.....I just don't have it in me today to change the sheets today.  Had gotten a few things done, and then when I went in to do the bed, I knew I would have to make the bed today instead, and that would be it.  Did take care of my back and got dressed.

Nothing much else going on here.

Hey, what are all of you doing?????