Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@cater Nice to see you!  I hope your niece leaves Florida.  It is not worth it to stay....especially if she has kids and pets.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@shell garden You really are bat doo-doo crazy!

OMG I guy is drilling something outside and my kitchen tile is vibrating...loud to.  My poor dogs...yesterday they were jack hammering.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Mick she isn't married but she does have pets. I have told her to go north she said that is what she will do if they tell here to leave. Even if she heads north that would her in Georgia which is supposed to get some of the action. Also told her to get on a plane if she can get a reservation and come up to Pa.

Honored Contributor

@cater That's great advice.  I will keep her and her pets in my prayers.  How are you doing?

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon gals.

@ShowMe just called a while ago.  Unfortunately, the biopsy was a "no-go".  The dermatologist looked at the (her words) nodule and said if she tried to biopsy it, there would be too much blood.  I can't explain the medical technicalities but, the Dermatologist contacted Dr. G.  She recommended ShowMe see a Plastic Surgeon for this procedure. Dr. G. said he did not want to do this.

The final decision is that Dr. G. is referring ShowMe back to the Radiology Dept. at the hospital that originally biopsied the lymph node under her arm.  ShowMe is not sure when this will take place.  She will have to wait until this is coordinated.  In the meantime, the nodule increased in size and is right next to the original growth.  She is going to ask her neighbor to help with the bandage change because it's in the middle of her back and she can't reach it or see it!

@ShowMe wanted me to thank each and everyone of you for your positive thoughts, prayers and well wishes.  She said if it weren't for you all, she doesn't know what she would do. 

I told her to take two of her happy pills and take it easy.  She's actually a little better today.  I'll let you know if I hear any more.

Honored Contributor

@Gooday Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

fourpaws56 wrote:

this goes out to ALL of us in need, but most of all to our precious showme.....love you all xo

Related image

That's lovely, @fourpaws56, and it's something I believe.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

FOURPAWS....what a sweet picture and blessing.  We love you too.

LESA AND DOOBDOO...are you two in the area of the storm also?  Prayers going out for you.

Just did some errands today.  Went to the grocery store and picked up a few items.  Then I went to the Dollar store to pick up some batteries but they were ALL OUT OF THEM....SO, I boogeyed (is that a word?  lol)...my butt over to Walmart and, naturally, had to pay 5 times more than the dollar store, but I needed D, C, and AA batteries.  I had some, but wanted to get more.  

I am watching the news and right now it isn't 100% official, but it looks like it may not hit us as bad (although the outside of it will) on Monday and Tuesday and we may still have severe winds, rain and power outages, but it looks like it may be a category 2 around us.  People from Charleston, Savannah and other cities around both states coastline will be coming here for shelters they have already set up...just like we did for them for Hurricane Matthew last year.  I just hope we don't see severe weather, but we won't know until a few more days from now.  Anyway, I am sure those people coming will welcome whatever weather we get as long as they are not going to be on the coast and in shelters here.

I have decided to stay here and hunker down.  I got batteries for flashlights and candles and also batteries for my 5 inch TV and also my 3 inch tv.  I do have a 7 inch tv, but it is charging right now, there are no batteries for that...only charging.  I got all three of these TVs from HSN years ago....just to have when our electricity goes out to keep up with the news/weather.  I do also have a radio.  I also have a portable DVD player that is charging, so I can at least watch a couple of movies too, if our electricity goes out.  I love those little TVS and glad I have 2 of them that run on batteries.  They are neat, lol.

Okay, everyone have a blessed day and I'll check in later.  Got some more errands to run tomorrow.  Prayers are still needed and thank y'all so much.  I love you all.

Hi, @shell garden.❤️   Sounds like you're well-prepared.    After being in the middle of 2 tornadoes, I think I've learned what to keep on hand and also what to add when warnings involve our area, but I guess we never know for sure.    I'm not in the dangerous path, I'm not too far from @Preds and right now it seems we would only feel less impactful weather, although related tornadoes are always possible.    You know I continue to pray for you, and for everyone.    This is so frightening.   My heart and spirit are with all of you.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

cater wrote:

ShowMe praying and hoping that every thing goes well for you today.  Hello to you all on here, worrying about all the people who are now on the look out for Irma. I have a niece living in Florida and she is really afraid of what is going to happen. I told her to get one of those plastic totes put all her important papers and some clean clothes in it and if she has to leave it goes with her.

Hi, @cater.❤️    So nice to see you.   I will pray for your niece...  and I do hope she has decided to evacuate.   Godspeed to all who are trying to make their way out of the danger.

Honored Contributor

Gooday wrote:

Good afternoon gals.

@ShowMe just called a while ago.  Unfortunately, the biopsy was a "no-go".  The dermatologist looked at the (her words) nodule and said if she tried to biopsy it, there would be too much blood.  I can't explain the medical technicalities but, the Dermatologist contacted Dr. G.  She recommended ShowMe see a Plastic Surgeon for this procedure. Dr. G. said he did not want to do this.

The final decision is that Dr. G. is referring ShowMe back to the Radiology Dept. at the hospital that originally biopsied the lymph node under her arm.  ShowMe is not sure when this will take place.  She will have to wait until this is coordinated.  In the meantime, the nodule increased in size and is right next to the original growth.  She is going to ask her neighbor to help with the bandage change because it's in the middle of her back and she can't reach it or see it!

@ShowMe wanted me to thank each and everyone of you for your positive thoughts, prayers and well wishes.  She said if it weren't for you all, she doesn't know what she would do. 

I told her to take two of her happy pills and take it easy.  She's actually a little better today.  I'll let you know if I hear any more.

Thank you for the update, @Gooday.   You're a wonderful friend to @ShowMe and to all of us.   The image and quote are beautiful...  your post, the image, the sentiment, and ShowMe's faith and courage, they all bring tears to my eyes.    A day of feeling helpless and wishing I could be there to help those I care so much about.    In my mind is the song, "His Eye is On the Sparrow."❤️