Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

Image may contain: text

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Image result for hilarious friday gifs

Respected Contributor

this happens every Friday at 5 o'clock.....

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

this happens every Friday at 5 o'clock.....

What a riot........

Honored Contributor

God Bless America.....

Mornin everyone.  The sun is bright out there, and it is supposed to be a beautiful day.

But, have been watching all that is going on with Harvey.  He's a strong one.  If people have been ordered to evacuate, heed the warning......your life is more important than your possessions......  They can be replaced, but you can't.  

San Antonio is probably going to get a lot of folks there this go round.....and they are expecting up to 25" or more of rain.  There will be flooding there.  The Weather Channel is doing a good job of covering Harvey.    

We can be prepared to feel the brunt of it through our gas prices.  Refineries are closing down.  

Respected Contributor

Speaking of hurricane Harvey ~ I am off to meet a few of my friends.  All but one are retired.  We picked a place near our friend's job so she could join us. 

Well...she sends us a text on Wednesday saying a hurricane is headed toward Houston and they are sending their employees up to Chicago.

She works for a well known container corporation that ship to a port near Houston and another port in California.  She is going to meet us if anything changes.  But, it looks realllly baaad.  The news is on now and reports are that the rain and winds will surround a 100 miles area.  Hopefully, San Antonio shouldn't be too bad. 

Honored Contributor

@Gooday......Hope you enjoy your lunch with your friends.

Hope those employees got to take their families with them....  Will be interesting to hear what she has to say.  

Yes, it is really a bad one.  It is interesting to see the shots of the vehicles evacuating.....  Bumper to bumper going in land.....and very little traffic going the other direction,  

Oh how I remember hurricane Carla back in 1961 when I was visiting my dad in San Antonio.  Those winds can be horrible.....  

I too hope that San Antonio doesn't get the total amount of rain they are predicting......no place for all that water to go.   

Honored Contributor

TGIF Fluffettes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Gotta take DS to the ENT doc to get his ears checked out...now that we have great insurance....he hasn't been in about 7 years.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Greetings, Fluffettes!   Looking back a couple of days…   clowns!   Y’all are a mess. 😜   I remember many threads about clowns and it does seem most people are creeped out by them.    I hope all those weird clown sightings reported last year don’t show up again.   

@loveschocolate, Enjoy that nice weather!    It’s been cooler here the past couple of days, even had some refreshing breezes.   My favorite season is just around the corner!    @fourpaws56,  I hope you’re feeling better.   (((hugs)))   Yikes, more fires!   I didn’t know that.   Prayers for all in the area.    @Gooday, Hope you had a nice visit with your friends.            @MickD, waves and (((hugs))) for you and your son.   @shell garden,  Hi, lady!   Hope you're doing well!    Hey, @Preds!   I’ve seen that type of traction device before.   If you still need it, you could get an RX from the doc or physical therapist to cover all or part of the cost.   I have one that works in a different way — it’s on the floor and gently increases traction on the neck.    I’ve used it, intermittently, along with similar traction at the physical therapists’ office.

@ShowMe, I’m glad you’re getting some good, healing rest.   I’m saying prayers for all in the path of storm Harvey, including your dear sister.   That QF top sounds cute!   Good for Gooday for enabling you!

Have a lovely afternoon/evening, all!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova