Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@loveschocolate wrote:

@ShowMe, I just posted this:

‎10-06-2016 02:18 PM

@shell garden, she posted on Facebook that she has essentials and was scared. I posted to her half an hour ago ( I just got home and saw its now a Cat4) , and told her AGAIN to leave. Holy cow, there's NO REASON to stay!!!!

Yes, I saw that.....we were posting at about the same time. 

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe - how close does Shell live to the coast?

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@ShowMe, I even told my niece to come stay with us and we would pay for her gas.

Sounds like she has her mind made up.....she doesn't know how fortunate she is to have an aunt that cares that much about her......  Sorry she is being so stubborn.

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@ShowMe, I just posted this:

‎10-06-2016 02:18 PM

@shell garden, she posted on Facebook that she has essentials and was scared. I posted to her half an hour ago ( I just got home and saw its now a Cat4) , and told her AGAIN to leave. Holy cow, there's NO REASON to stay!!!!

Oh @loveschocolate!  Bless her heart.  She may not be able to leave now.  Gas stations emptied out, roads blocked with people leaving.  It's crazy down there.  We're waiting to hear from friends and family scattered around Florida.  Ex SIL is finally out of harms way with this one but may catch it if it circles back.  She posted a double rainbow off her dock earlier.  Hope that's good luck and not a warning.

Praying for everyone!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@ShowMe - how close does Shell live to the coast?

She lives close to Georgia......

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loveschocolate wrote:

@loveschocolate... lol, I posted wrong nickname, !  OMG, that baby needs to pack her car, and take her child and let and drive to the western part of the state!  Tell her that storm will be hovering over her area for 60 hours...that is over 2 days.....it is slow moving and powerful!  And they are predicting electricity will be out for WEEKS... not just days!!!! If she is scared now...she will be horrified if she doesn't leave now!  I hope she leaves, she doesn't have much time!  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe, I have no idea how high up she is. She should have left. I told her yesterday on Facebook to "Get out now". Did she?? Nope. 

@Preds, I understand what you are saying but she should have left. She has a young son and a dog to think about. It's not just her. 

Esteemed Contributor

SHOWME...we have lots of supplies in our stores here!  But, while out today....I saw hotels packed and more traffic on the roads, so there are definitely people out of town!

I just wish I could do something to help Loves niece!  I would try to call around on the other side of Florida that may have room for her, her cchildand pet.  I know LOVES is not going to be able to sleep worrying about her!  This storm will be horrendous!  Loves....can she call around to the western side if Florida and try to find a hotel?  Upper western part near Georgia or Alabama?  Anything and get on the road today???

Honored Contributor

@Preds......happy to see you finally made it here today.....hope everything is ok.......  Thought you may have gone fishin......lol. 

Honored Contributor

No fishing today @ShowMe.  Site was under maintenance when I checked in this morning and then I had training classes this morning.  First chance I've had to get back on.  Wish I had been fishing.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."