Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@croemer wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@croemer wrote:

Yes he stayed 6 weeks...and was planted in front of the TV...one of the only times I saw him tear up in my life...I felt just terrible for him. He then went back against our judgement and had months of standing in line at the grocery store. They only allowed so many shoppers in the store at a time. I wish he had stayed with us.

You stay safe Shell!

@croemer......that must have been very painful for him to watch.....and then once he got back to his home he had to stand in line to get into the grocery store.  Yes, it would have been better for him to have stayed with you.  At least you would have taken care of him. 

Broke my heart to see him so sad. I did have the pleasure of taking care of him when he became so ill in 2008...I loved having him here.

I remember how you saw to it your mother was welll taken care of, and am sure you did the same for your dear father.  Bless your heart dear friend.

Honored Contributor

How is your evening going Fluffy?

My father was a lot of fun...had a great sense of humor and was the best guest Fluffy...so easy going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@Ocroemer wrote:

How is your evening going Fluffy?

My father was a lot of fun...had a great sense of humor and was the best guest Fluffy...so easy going.

Oh my evening is going ok......  Nothing special. 

Just heard on the FOX channel that Ft. Lauderdale airport will be closed down tomorrow morning.  And they showed the grocery store shelves.....almost empty.  They also said gas stations are running out of gas.  The last thing I heard them say was IF YOU DON'T LEAVE, YOU WILL BE PUTTING THE LIFE OF THE RESCUERS IN DANGER WHEN THEY HAVE TO GO BACK TO GET THOSE THAT WOULDN'T LEAVE. 

It is so wonderful to have those memories of your parents. 

Honored Contributor

Yes I have rode out several hurricanes as a child...one was interesting and fun, one was quite scary...the aftemath...can be a real challenge.

I am doing not a thing this evening myself.

Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

Yes I have rode out several hurricanes as a child...one was interesting and fun, one was quite scary...the aftemath...can be a real challenge.

I am doing not a thing this evening myself.

The closest I was to a hurricane was way back when....

Was living here in St. Louis and went down to SA to see my dad.....that was the year that hurricane Carla hit......All roads going down to the gulf were closed to everyone wanting to go down there.....only open to go up to the cities and towns above there for safety.  The winds in SA were horrible for a couple days. 

Well, I've about had it for today and tonight.  Am going to go get my jammies on and get ready to hit the hay.  Will see you sometime tomorrow.  Sweet dreams. 

Honored Contributor

@ @Preds, good morning! Figured I needed to bring this thread back up to the top. 

Esteemed Contributor

UH OH.....WHERE IS PREDS?

Somebody forgot to set the alarm?  Somebody go wake sleepy head up, lol!  😄😄😄😄. This is not like her!  😱😱💕

Busy day today!  Running some errands and going to grocery store!  

LOVES.....heard anything from your niece?  I will check in later!  We are only getting rain starting Friday night and all day Saturday with a little wind!  

Hope everyone has a great day and praying for those in the path of Mathew!  

Honored Contributor

I too rode out Carla Fluffy...we were in the eye of the storm. That was a dozy.

Morning Shell, how's the weather?

Morning Loves and MickD!

Oh Preds...um...where are you?

Esteemed Contributor

@croemer wrote:

I too rode out Carla Fluffy...we were in the eye of the storm. That was a dozy.

Morning Shell, how's the weather?

Morning Loves and MickD!

Oh Preds...um...where are you?

@croemer...we are fine!  Everyone is coming here!  Hotels booked, but we have schools open for evacuees!  We are only going to get rain and some wind...but we are not in the path, thank you LORD!

Yep...PREDS is misbehaving somewhere, lol!  Okay, I am out the door...check y'all later!  

Honored Contributor

Great, hope the wind does not bother the garden. See ya later!