Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

[ Edited ]

@ShowMe wrote:

@shell garden......are you having to evacuate?????  Just heard on the news that many in SC are.....stay safe dear.....

@ShowMe...NI, sweetie!  I am inland!  However in my area and over the river in Augusta, GA....All hotels are booked from people already today from the Charleston, SC, and coastal area as well as the Georgia coast!  And there are ALOT of hotels in this area!

All schools are even closed here the rest of the week so that evacuees who do not have a place to stay can stay in our schools and will have the Red Cross Manning the lunchrooms for meals!

They have also opened up the fairgrounds here to house animals!  That is so wonderful!  Our area fair does not start until about 10 days from now and the city of Augusta will open up the area to house evacuees pets!  I am so glad they are doing this....as well as some animal shelters here on standby for assistance!

We are receiving evacuees with open arms and we will take care of all who wish to stay in our area!.  Like I said, the hotels are already full and schools are now opened!  

Thank you for asking...we should only get a little rain since we are way inland!  But will keep you posted!!! 💕

Esteemed Contributor

@croemer wrote:

My father was the same way...even rode out Katrina...he had no idea the devastation around him. When his electric went out he then chose to come stay with us. I could not reason with him. He still did not know how bad it was until he reached our home and saw how horrible it all was while watching TV from our home.

I hope she will be safe loveschocolate.

@croemer...Hi suga buga!  Oh yes, Katrina was one of the worst!  At least your dad finally came to stay with you after the electricity went out!  It is scary!  

Honored Contributor

@croemer@shell garden, will keep you posted. Kinda makes me mad. 😡

Honored Contributor

Yes he stayed 6 weeks...and was planted in front of the TV...one of the only times I saw him tear up in my life...I felt just terrible for him. He then went back against our judgement and had months of standing in line at the grocery store. They only allowed so many shoppers in the store at a time. I wish he had stayed with us.

You stay safe Shell!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@croemer@shell garden, will keep you posted. Kinda makes me mad. 😡

I bet...now you guys will be worrying.

Esteemed Contributor

CROEMER...bless his heart!  Yes, will keep you all posted!  Like I said, we are inland and should only get a little rain!  That is why the evacuees from the coast if SC and some from Georgia are already here in our area!  

LOVES...prayers for your niece!  Keep us posted!  

SHOWME is probably "stuffing her face", lol....she will read what I wrote to her above!  RUN, MR. LUCKY....RUN, lol!  Showme, I am just picking on you!

Okay everyone....have a good night ahead!  LOVES....try to get your niece to at least stay with a friend or are there other relatives around her?  HUGS!

Goodnight everyone!!! 💕

Honored Contributor

Well, lots of prayers will be said tonight...... 

And, here's hoping and praying that our Lesa is safe with her DD and SIL. 

Also, where the heck is our dBd?????  Hope everything is good with her......

Honored Contributor

@shell garden......you hit the nail on the head.  I am feeding my face.....not suffing......but that's ok......LOL

Yes, I did read what you had posted.  Thanks for the info.  Glad you are safe.....  Cannot comprehend what some of those folks are going through.  Know I couldn't do it.  It is wonderful that the pets will be taken care of.   

Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

Yes he stayed 6 weeks...and was planted in front of the TV...one of the only times I saw him tear up in my life...I felt just terrible for him. He then went back against our judgement and had months of standing in line at the grocery store. They only allowed so many shoppers in the store at a time. I wish he had stayed with us.

You stay safe Shell!

@croemer......that must have been very painful for him to watch.....and then once he got back to his home he had to stand in line to get into the grocery store.  Yes, it would have been better for him to have stayed with you.  At least you would have taken care of him. 

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@croemer wrote:

You stay safe Shell!

@croemer......that must have been very painful for him to watch.....and then once he got back to his home he had to stand in line to get into the grocery store.  Yes, it would have been better for him to have stayed with you.  At least you would have taken care of him. 

Broke my heart to see him so sad. I did have the pleasure of taking care of him when he became so ill in 2008...I loved having him here.