Valued Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

Watching football (New England Patriots and New York Jets) . I always say that I watch football in my own way. I only like a few teams, and for different reasons.  ( Sometimes it's a certain player that I like, or it may be the head coach) Today it's the Patriots, with Tom Brady.

@ShowMeCan't wait to get my order from National. (4 tops and a sweater) 

Next will be pants ... petite short... and then bath robe and slippers. then.... I don't know. 

I bought some shoes from them years ago.. they have some narow width which is what I wear. 

To all who visit this thread, I wish you a pleasant Sunday.

hug.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Lesa......it was so nice chatting with you yesterday.  And now today you are on here.  So glad you came on.

No....no football for me.  Never watch it.  Have been known to watch basketball, and once in a blue moon will watch a Blues hockey game.  

Sounds like you are liking things from National.  A couple years ago I ordered a flannel snap up robe, and have ordered a number of their slippers.  Have always been happy with my purchases from.  Also have a few of their button up sweater vests.  They are a little too big for me now, but can wear them over some of my shirts....still need the warmth I used to need.  Get cold very easily.  

It was so beautiful here yesterday, and now today it is overcast and chilly.  A cold front will be moving in tomorrow some time, and then very cold again.  Jeanne upstairs from me told me a little earlier that it is supposed to snow here tomorrow.....so, we'll see.  

Hope you have a wonderful rest of your Sunday.  Enjoy the football.....lol.....your way.

Honored Contributor

@WaJa61......Hi dear friend.....  Waited till the holiday weekend was just about over to respond to your sweet message to me.

You are probably busy trying to get things back to normal again.....  Sounds like you were going to have quite a few folks with you.  Am sure everyone enjoyed being together.

Yes, I was born in Cleveland....both my sister and I.  We ended up down in San Antonio where my sister is now, but I moved up here to St. Louis in 1957 when I was 17 years old.  That was when I got my first job.  Had to get a working permit from the city.  And that is where I have been all these years.  

Did have a wonderful Thanksgiving with Jeanne and her family.  They made me feel so welcome.  And Jeanne took such good care of me while there.  She has a very lovely family.  Yes, we had fun with the walkers.....  And yes, mine has wheels on the front it it.  Her mom wasn't using hers, but her dad was.  The first thing he said to me was I'll race ya.....lol.  The food was delicious....especially the dressing that Jeanne made.  She makes it way I used to when I made it.  When we were ready to go she said she had fixed a couple containers of some of the food for me to bring home.....and the pie was in one of them.  I had eaten too much dressing and couldn't eat the pie when it was being served.  

Have been busy ordering some presents.....  Got my sister's birthday and Christmas presents from Cold Water Creek, and ordered 2 of the snow brooms to get the snow off of the car for Jeanne and the woman across the hall that took such good care of my back when it needed tending to.  And then this morning I ordered those black out ink things from the Q for crossing through anything on paper that could cause us trouble.....there were 6 in the order.....so will give some to a few of my other close neighbors.  They have all been so nice to me during this rough time.  

Next doctor appointment is 12/3.....eye doctor, then on 12/10 have to go out to Dr. G's office to have my port flushed out.  That needs to be done about every 8 weeks.  Then no more doctor appointments until Jan. and Feb. 2019.....  Am feeling pretty good now, but still tire out very easily.  Was exhausted Thanksgiving when I got home.  Hit the hay pretty early.

Here's hoping you have a wonderful rest of your day.  Look forward to hearing all about your Thanksgiving weekend.

Love ya and sending hugs your way.

Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Westshopper......have no idea what you were trying to do here.....  Did you change your mind or did you realize you may be posting on an incorrect thread?  

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday from California....my driveway...YAY !

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Happy Monday from California....my driveway...YAY !

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature

@fourpaws56_.....What a beautiful shot and view.

It is cold here too, and snowing off and on this morning.  
Some is gathering on my windshield.  32 right now, and high is only supposed to get to 34.  

Went to my eye doctor yesterday afternoon.  Got a good report on my glaucoma pressure test......pressure in 1 eye was 14, and 15 in the other.  Go back in 3 months.

Respected Contributor

Happy about your eye report!  What are you up to these days? Me, same ole same ole, getting a Christmas tree Saturday, the rest of the house is decorated. I will probably take the kids to see Santa this weekend...of course they are excited about Christmas. I started baking cookies last night,I have a lot more to do tho..

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Happy about your eye report!  What are you up to these days? Me, same ole same ole, getting a Christmas tree Saturday, the rest of the house is decorated. I will probably take the kids to see Santa this weekend...of course they are excited about Christmas. I started baking cookies last night,I have a lot more to do tho..

@fourpaws56......I was pleased.  He did ask me how I am feeling, told him, and then he said "you really do look good now."  

Bet the decorations look pretty.  Oh yes, get that tree.  I can't have real ones.....allergic to them.  

Oh my, bet those little ones are getting excited now.  Am sure they will have fun when they get to see Santa.

Love the smell of cookies baking.  Bet they won't last long.  

Have been trying to keep busy.....and stay warm.  With all that's going on right now with the govt. krap, and now with GWHB.....keeping the tele warm.  

Finished my Christmas shopping.....did it all on line this year.  Am waiting for some of the things to arrive.  Am tracking everything.....  So far my sister has received her birthday and Christmas presents.....but told her not to open them yet.  Ordered hers from Cold Water Creek.  

This evening when Jeanne gets home from work, she will be cleaning my apartment.  It is really needing it this time.  Have a few things I need to get done before she comes, so I better get moving now.

Take care sweetie......

Honored Contributor

OK dmod.....here you go.  Have fun reading and catching up.

Thanks for your sweet posts.