Super Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

Please tell Showme that I popped in and that I'm thinking of Her!  Hope everyone is doing well

Max

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MickD wrote:

I spoke with our fearless leader.  She had the appt with Dr. G today and she sounded really tired.  She's lost another 7 pounds in the last 4 weeks.

She has a radiation appt this Friday as Dr. G wants her to start radiation asap.  She doesn't think she's going to start treatment that day as they need to get measurements for the treatment, and I guess a treatment schedule, etc.

Dr G told her that she'll do 5 days of radiation in a row.....so she thinks she might start on Monday.  A social worker is going see if she can get transportation to and from.  That's all she knows right now.

Love you @ShowMe!  Gets some rest, and eat, eat, EAT!

Thanks for posting this for me yesterday.....  Yes, I was really tired.  

My friend Vera is going to pick me up at 9:15 tomorrow because they want me there 15 minutes before appointment with radiologis at 10:00.  She said she would go in the room with me for another set of ears.  She is my durable power attorney.

The Social Worker is supposed to call me about 11:00 this morning regarding transportation to and from treatments.  There will not be any charge for this service.  

I did talk to Dr. G about the sweats that I get.....every morning when I wake up and when ever I move around the apartment or am in the kitchen fixing food.  He said that is because I am so weak.  It wasn't so bad this morning.  Only lasted for a short time.  Thank goodness for the a/c.  

Will try to keep you all up dated tomorrow when I get home.  

I did watch the game last night....Cards lost.  Playing again tonight.  Will be watching.  Then we play the Cubs for a weekend series.  Yes, you all know I will be watching.  

Will add to this, Dr. G will still be my oncologist, but will not be seeing me again until 4 weeks.  He said I should be done with the radiation by then.  Then we will go from there.  Not doing anything right now about the wound care.  Wants to see the outcome of the treatments before doing that.

Not going to repeat this in another post......  

Honored Contributor

Hi, @ShowMe!   Sounds like a grand plan with your friend, Vera, and also the transportation the social worker is arranging.    Regarding the early mornings...  wonder if you could keep some sort of snack food on a bedside table and have a bit of a nosh before you get up each morning?   A quick boost of strength to get you ready to be up and around to prepare a complete breakfast, perhaps?   Think of it as a cool way to pamper yourself in bed before greeting the day full force.   Just from my experience, those symptoms you describe upon arising could cause you to feel faint and we absolutely don't want you to have another fall.    Please take good care of yourself, dear friend.❤️  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@SweetWood Max wrote:

Please tell Showme that I popped in and that I'm thinking of Her!  Hope everyone is doing well

Max

Hi, @SweetWood Max!❤️   I'll highlight your post so @ShowMe will see it when she returns to the thread.      I hope you're doing well.   Great to see you!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@ShowMe... lubs ya' honey.  Listen to your Doc. and do what needs to be done.  These next steps will be a breeze after what you've already been through.  They'll get you fitted right up and all will be good.  My ex just went thru 25 days and he is "flying high" and doing great.  I feel you'll do the same.

Get some frozen pizzas and dinners, cookies and cakes, and feed face girly. Don't worry about the weight, but make it easier on yourself.  Keep the tummy happy and your spirits HIGH!

Sending BIG HUGS!!!!!!  From all of us! 

Hey, get some hand weights and lift them when you are watching the news or games.  That would be excersize for your arms and heart.  Just don't throw them at the TV if things go wrong.  LOL

Thanks for your words of encouragement.  Have a couple questions about your ex and his treatments.  (1)  Did he have his treatments 5 days in a row, then 2 days off?  (2)  Was he more tired after the treatments?    

Good idea about the food suggestions.  No, I'm not worrying about the weight.  

Luv ya sweetie, and hope your day went well yesterday.  

Luv your idea of the weights.....

It was interesting yesterday.....all vitals were very good except for HBM which was 100.  Nurse said that was a little high.....but remember all the walking I had to do once I got there.....in one door, and then another door, and then another door......   While waiting for them to call my name to go to see Dr. G, there was a lot of talk about how the folks don't like the new set up.  

Still holding you in my thoughts and prayers......

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@SweetWood Max wrote:

Max

Hi, @SweetWood Max!❤️   I'll highlight your post so @ShowMe will see it when she returns to the thread.      I hope you're doing well.   Great to see you!

Thanks for posting this to me.  Haven't heard from her in a long time.  That was very sweet of her.  

And SweetWood if you're reading.  Thanks for the kind words.  Hope all is well with you.

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe, I also think that a couple of your recent meds since your fall could be the cause of your lack of appetite and weight loss. Just a thought. Maybe after your radiation treatments are done you can get into the dentist.

@dooBdoo, excellent suggestions about snacks by her bedside table.

@fourpaws56, waving hello and hope you, your family and kitty’s are doing well! 

@Preds, you better be resting!

@MickD, congratulations on your sons graduation today! They grow up so fast! 

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Hi, @ShowMe!   Sounds like a grand plan with your friend, Vera, and also the transportation the social worker is arranging.    Regarding the early mornings...  wonder if you could keep some sort of snack food on a bedside table and have a bit of a nosh before you get up each morning?   A quick boost of strength to get you ready to be up and around to prepare a complete breakfast, perhaps?   Think of it as a cool way to pamper yourself in bed before greeting the day full force.   Just from my experience, those symptoms you describe upon arising could cause you to feel faint and we absolutely don't want you to have another fall.    Please take good care of yourself, dear friend.❤️  

Heck, the first thing I have to do when I wake up is to go down the hall to the bathroom.  Do sit on the side of the bed before I get up.  I do not feel faint when I get the sweats.......and no, I don't want to have another fall.  I'm very careful walking to the bathroom.  Do a lot of door frame walking when I go there.  

Not doing much today.....taking it easy.  Do have to clean up my kitchen....didn't do that last evening.  Will wait for the call from the Social Worker before I go in there to do that.  And do need to get out of my jammies.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's Mick's DS's graduation day.  Told her yesterday to give him a big hug from ShowMe.  Hope he has a wonderful day and dinner on the pier......  They do grow up way too fast.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe ... Yes, his were 5 days a week with weekends off.  He just mentioned being tired after, but he gets easily stressed over a hangnail, so we think that was his problem.  Plus, he is always lazy.  LOL

Had no pain at all, so that's a good thing.  You'll do great, honey!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."