Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@ShowMe good night.....sweet dreams!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

While shutting down my computer, it dawned on me that I forgot to tell you all that I can no longer get my MAHJONG games (free).  That is a real bummer.  Just love playing those many games.  They want us to have to pay for them now.  No way......  They did this once before, but gave them back to us.  

Honored Contributor

It's warming up out there.  Right now it is 24, and supposed to make it up in the low 40s today.  Then the low 50s tomorrow.  

Apparently we are getting a new roof on our building and the one attached to ours.  They woke me up this morning.  The roof wasn't that old.  Don't know why it is being replaced.  Will have to watch out for nails on the parking lot.  Don't want any flat tires since I have 4 new ones on my car.  

Am going to try to get out of here today.  Need to go to Walgreen's and also get my pain killer prescription filled at Schnuck's.  While at Schnuck's will pick up a couple books of stamps.  Then tomorrow I want to go get my hair cut.  So, I will be a little busy.....

Here's hoping that each of you has a wonderful day.  See you later.

Honored Contributor

Well, I haven't been out yet today.  The old tiles from the roof are all over the place, and it would be difficult to manage my walker to get to my car.  Don't know if I will be able to make it out today before dark.  I tried to find out, but not one of them speaks English......really.  

So, here I am....stuck.....  

It is warming up though.....all the snow is now off of my car.  When they are done for the day, I will go out and see if my car will start.  It should, but you never know......

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe Well that sucks rocks....nice timely notice there.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@ShowMe Well that sucks rocks....nice timely notice there.

We weren't given any notice that the roof was being replaced.  I found that odd....  The former owner would have put a notice on the back door to the building.  And feel that the present owner should have done that.  Oh well, who am I to say.....just a tenant.....

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe Well, I guess boot steps on a roof and scraping and hammering are notice enough!  I'd be livid.

Honored Contributor

@MickD@ShowMe, I would be livid too. I was up at the school today. So many sick kids. I don’t want this flu 🤧 that’s going around. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate Yah, no kidding!  I went on the flu thread and have been enlightened.  Scary flu season.

DS came home from work yesterday and said he cleaned the bathrooms without gloves on!  Gross!  I am sending him with latex gloves today.

Honored Contributor

@MickD, 🧤 good idea! This flu 😷 season is scary!