Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@ShowMe, schools closed here too. Bitterly cold after all the snow we got yesterday. I need to dust the upstairs rooms but I feel like doing absolutely nothing. At least the sun is out! 

Honored Contributor

Happy Taco Tuesday Fluffettes!

@ShowMe @loveschocolate Buuurrrrrrr!  Too cold!

The boys will do hamburgers and I have been doing vegetarian x 1 week.  So, no clue yet.  I gotta get to the store and find some yummy stuff.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Happy Taco Tuesday Fluffettes!

@ShowMe @loveschocolate Buuurrrrrrr!  Too cold!

The boys will do hamburgers and I have been doing vegetarian x 1 week.  So, no clue yet.  I gotta get to the store and find some yummy stuff.

Well, it hasn't really warmed up here today.  Still very cold.  

Did get a call into the infectious disease office at the hospital.  Boy, talking to the girls in that office is worse than pulling a very difficult tooth.  The doctors were not in that office today, and won't be back until Thursday or Friday.  After telling the girl what I needed to have done, she said I would have to come in to see the doctor.  I told her what Dr. G wanted to do....have a culture done and send it to the lab at the hospital......then they can take it from there as to what would be needed if there was an infection.  That didn't soak into her shallow brain.  She said I hadn't been seen by the doctor there since March 2017.  I said no.....that is not correct.  The first time any doctor from that hospital had seen me was when I was in the hospital because of a fall in my home and then was taken to the hospital via ambulance.  She then proceeded to tell me their records show March.....I said no.....once again......  Any how, I told her I would work this out with my oncologist......  STUPID IS THE WORD OF THE DAY.....  I did tell this young lady that I have my right mind and I do know if I had ever been in that officer before......  I may be getting old, but have all my mental abilities......  

I then called Dr. G's office and spoke to one of the nurses there.  She did pull up my hospital stay records, and yes, they did come in to see me there and ordered the IV antibiotic and the oral antibiotic.....the oral antibiotic was finished at the rehab facility before I was released and was not sent home with any of those pills.  Dr. G's nurse said her records indicate that Dr. G  spoke with the ID doctor after my last visit with Dr. G last week.  So, we have agreed that the culture will be made next Tuesday when I am in there for my treatment, they will have the lab do the work, and then Dr. G will prescribe the antibiotic for me if one is necessary.  She knew what my frustration was and said I surely have all my mental capabilities to know what has gone on.  She said I still am very sharp with my thinking.......  I knew that...lol.....

Ok enough fussing about ignorance.  

Not sure what I will be fixing for my dinner....but know I am getting kind of hungry now.  Do have some chili in the freezer....and have some of Amy's enchiladas that I can fix.  That is sounding pretty good to me right now.  Am going to have to thaw out the small container of chili right now so it will not take an eternity to heat up.  Linda made it and put it in small containers for me.  That way I could fix either 1 or 2 of them for a meal......   She is such a good cook and very generous with what she gives me to eat.  

Hey MICK.....did you get to the store yet?

Honored Contributor

Just listening to our local weather.  It only made it up to 10 today.  Supposed to get up to 23......didn't make it there.....

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe Wow, what a kerfuffle!  Can't fix stupid!  I am glad Dr G can deal with everything.....I am sure you have the appt written down somewhere.....I remember writing about it on this thread.

I bought edamame, whole wheat pita, black bean soy burgers, lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, portobellos, cheese.

Your dinner choices sound great!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 has a mystery post!

Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@fourpaws56 has a mystery post!

did the pic come through????

Respected Contributor

hi girls! showme, it's hard to beleive how dumb some people are huh....  I tried to post a picture of Smokey and Miss Kitty, did it go through?

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 not yet....sometimes it takes a minute or 2.....I will be patient.

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe, I am sorry you have to go through a rigmarole with those doctors. (Not Dr. G.). I swear, when someone is going through what you have been going through the LAST thing you need is all that BS. Since they obviously don’t have a CLUE the standard answer is “you need an appointment with the doctor”. 😤. Don’t get me started. This makes me 😡. 

Sounds like a nice dinner. I am going to make a pot of red beans and rice tomorrow.