Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

Mmmmwaaaaaa! 😘😍7B5437DA-7440-4FFC-8936-582EA94A17CC.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate OMG they must be watching tv!!!!

Just got off the phone with our Fearless Leader.  Treatment went well.  Her Dr G appt went well......except that she's lost 8 lbs!  No more weight loss @ShowMe!  All her cute new clothes are falling off of her.

The wound on her back is a little bigger, so she needs to follow up with wound care for an antiobiotic rx.  Dr G can do a swab too if they want one.......

A lot of drama with the hospital and a conglomerate merger.  Her fave valet is gone.  Hoping her one doc stays....

So orders are three squares a day with boost, young lady!

She can splain more when she's up to it...

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD, thanks for the update! @ @ShowMe, you need to eat and drink your boost even when you don’t feel hungry! We will get a caravan together with preds, mick, gooday, shell, lesa, dooBdoo, Cali, waja and the rest of the motley crew and come out there if we have too. I mean it. You need a little extra weight in fact. I know you are tired especially with all the appointments, tests, therapy exercises, etc., etc., but you are a fighter. We are all here for you. ❤️

Honored Contributor

Off to the doctor. Ugh. Wish me luck!🍀

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

GOOD LUCK and PRAYERS.  Please let us know how it goes today......

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate Good luck at the doc!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Sammie is not a happy camper this am.

P_20180111_095715.jpg

Honored Contributor

Thanks to Mick for reporting in my visit with Dr. G and my treatment yesterday.  She does a very good job of that.....

My BP was 110/70, temp was 97.6, pulse was good, and blood work was very good.  Now when I had to step up on the scale, just stood there in shock.  Haven't weighed this amount for many years.  Between the last visit with Dr. G and yesterday, I have lost 8 lbs.  The nurse said I could step off the scale, and I was like I was stuck there.....  Since my fall, I have lost about 20+ lbs......  That is not good.  Dr. G was concerned about that, and he wants me to drink 1 Boost with each meal......

Now to the cancer on my back.  It has gotten a little larger, and he wants me to get in touch with the infectious disease doc.....to see if I could get a prescription for an antibiotic.....  He did say if they want me to go into that office for a culture before prescribing an antibiotic, that Dr. G can get the culture in his office.....that would save me from the very long walk I have to get to the other office.  And they would have to let Dr. G know what the antibiotic was they had me on when I was in the hospital and rehab......  Dr. G can prescribe it once he knows what it was.......  So will do that before my next treatment in 2 weeks.  Once again Dr. G said we have to continue with the OPDIVO treatment because we have no other choice right now.  

Dr. G wants to see me in 6 weeks.  (after 3 treatments)  

Dr. G did say to me that Mercy has now taken over St. Anthony's.......  I was very unhappy when I heard this news previously.  He did say is staying with Mercy, but many doctors have dropped out of the Mercy system.  He asked me about my primary (Dr. D).  I said I didn't know.  Dr. G said if Dr. D has decided to drop out, I should have received a letter from him.  To date, I have not received any letter.  I so hope he stays because I would certainly hate to have to find another primary doctor.  Have gone to Dr. D for many years now....and am happy to have him as my doctor.

Was very sad yesterday when the valet young man told me that my former valet had been fired.  He told me he just couldn't handle the amount of cars they have to handle out at Mercy Hospital.  At St. Anthony's he handled something like 40 cars a day, and out at Mercy they have something like 400 cars a day to handle.

I know I have just about written a book today.  

The temp here today has been about 60.....and the bottom will fall out of that tonight.  Supposed to start dropping at about 5:00 and will have a low of about 20 tonight.  Here we go again with some very cold weather.

Hope you all have a good day today.  I am going to rest and try to maintain my weight by eating and drinking.   Probably won't be posting any more today, as I am pretty tired.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loveschocolate wrote:

good luck.png

@loveschocolate  Hope everything goes well at your Dr. visit.