Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@Preds wrote:

Image may contain: plant, christmas tree, tree and flowerHere is a Santa that he has made for a few friends.  Looks small, but it's not.

Very cute....friends are so fortunate.  Wish I could be a friend of your DH.....lol

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

No automatic alt text available.The candle was for DD and Mom will get the Angel for Christmas. Again, larger than they appear. Smiley Happy

These are so very special......  Each has a different meaning......

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

No automatic alt text available.This is our Santa.  He's in the garage letting his clear coat dry in this pic. I haven't posted his pic in the house yet.  He is sitting in the livingroom and looks wonderful.  Probably our fav. this year.  He's to heavy to hang on the wall, but that's where I want him ... someday. Smiley Wink

He is beautiful.....can understand why he is your fav. this year.  Hope you get to get him hung some day.  

Honored Contributor

@Preds........thanks so much for posting the pictures.  Enjoyed them so very much.  What a talent your DH has.  Know they are appreciated by many....expecially those that are "friends".........

Honored Contributor

ShowMe wrote:

Happy Sunday everyone.  It is currently 45 here now.  To make it up to 48 some time this afternoon.

Hard to believe, but Christmas is only 2 weeks from tomorrow.  Where does time go.  Am watching PBS Create right now.  And they are showing things for the holiday season from North Carolina.  They just showed men sitting around wood carving Christmas items and telling the story behind their work.  Some very beautiful things have been made.

This made me think of the beautiful things that PREDS posted pictures of on here that her DH has made using different woods and not having to use any paint on them.  PREDS, wondering if it would be possible for you to post some pictures of your displaying them throughout your home this holiday season??????  Would love to see them.

This channel is showing Christmas around the different countries......So many beautiful things to see around the world at this time of the year.  

Right now they are showing cake decorating......beautiful.  It is a contest.

There is so much to see on TV other than the news channels that are very disturbing right now.

Have a wonderful day.

Hi, @ShowMe!   I'm glad you found some tv viewing that's entertaining, fun, and even uplifting!    I've been watching a lot of PBS (we're fortunate to have 5 different PBS stations on our line-up).    Some of them are into their fund-raising season...  but with that often come some great shows we don't see at other times.    Hope you have a lovely evening!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

MickD wrote:

@Lesa Aaaaw thanks.....I'll relay the hugs to him.  The manager is a jerk.  DS is doing better today.  The coworker was in his fifties and didn't make it through open heart surgery.  The guy has 4 children and DS was just talking to him last week at work.

Hi, @MickD!    Good grief.    Someone needs to go to management above that jerk.    It's not like this is an isolated incident -- it's someone who has no idea how to manage or supervise people.   I'm so sorry about your son's co-worker.   I'll add more (((hugs))) to @Lesa's.

Bear hug gif

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Lesa wrote:

Weather report from here in SW FL.(Hendry County)

1:00 P.M. 

56 degrees going all the way up to 59.

It was too cold and windy to go for our morning walk.

Will be a little better tomorrow. Just hope it isn't windy.

sunday.jpg

Hi, @Lesa!   Stay warm and cozy!

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Hi, @ShowMe!   I'm glad you found some tv viewing that's entertaining, fun, and even uplifting!    I've been watching a lot of PBS (we're fortunate to have 5 different PBS stations on our line-up).    Some of them are into their fund-raising season...  but with that often come some great shows we don't see at other times.    Hope you have a lovely evening!❤️

Honored Contributor

Preds wrote:

No automatic alt text available.This is our Santa.  He's in the garage letting his clear coat dry in this pic. I haven't posted his pic in the house yet.  He is sitting in the livingroom and looks wonderful.  Probably our fav. this year.  He's to heavy to hang on the wall, but that's where I want him ... someday. Smiley Wink

These are wonderful, @Preds!   He's so talented!   Such cool gifts...   he really could sell his artwork, too.   Thanks for sharing all the pix!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

loveschocolate wrote:

@MickD, so sorry about your son. SMH. We had about 2 inches of snow yesterday and the winds were really howling. It’s so cold here right now. 

Hi, @loveschocolate!    It's really cold here, too, and the howling winds last night sounded so eerie.    Just a dusting of snow  here.  Stay nice and warm!