Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@dooBdoo How nice of you to volunteer....we are all better people for having you in our lives!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

MickD wrote:

@dooBdoo How nice of you to volunteer....we are all better people for having you in our lives!

Aw, thanks, my friend.   I don't normally mention any of my volunteer work but during the holidays I like to share a reminder that for those of us with no family nearby there's always someone whose day might be brightened at least a little bit by our company, community, service, and friendship.   Frankly, I don't do nearly as much as most people -- you, and all our pals here! -- and on Thanksgiving Day I feel an abundance of gratitude for all of you who give so much!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......@

Wishing @ShowMe  , all the Fluffettes, and everyone who visits this thread:

Thanksgiving-Images-1.jpg

Honored Contributor

Hump DaaaAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@LIG1@shell garden@Preds@MickD thank you all for the anniversary wishes! DD came home last night and was here most of the day. She needed her dad to help her with physics. Yuck!!! We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We had a very nice dinner. I just ordered a bunch of stuff for DH from Kohls since I had some Kohls cash to use up. I rarely go to B&M stores anymore. 

Y'all have a great evening!!!!!

@loveschocolate.....So glad you and DH had a wonderful dinner.  Help with physics?  Uh, good luck to DH and DD, lol....not me!  

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

To everyone on this thread, I offer my deepest and most profound gratitude for your prayers, condolences, and positive thoughts and support.    Also, I saw other warm, tender, heartfelt posts on another (now missing) thread and couldn't log in at the time -- now, to @Mj12 and the other dear, kind posters I didn't get the chance to acknowledge I want to include you in my thanks.    As the holidays approach and we count our blessings and concentrate on being so very, very thankful for all we've been fortunate to have in our lives...  I want all of you to know I count all of you among those precious blessings.

Thank you, from my heart.❤️

@dooBdoo...((HUGS and PRAYERS) my friend.  You are such a kind soul.  I hope you and your have a blessed Thanksgiving.  I know it will be difficult losing a family member so soon at the holiday, but hoping you all will find some comfort during this time.

Esteemed Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Honest opinions.....I'll take another pic when the sun really hits it.P_20171121_095152.jpg

@MickD....Do You Want MY HONEST OPINION?  Well, here goes.....

I think you did a great job in everything even the color of the patio floors.  Now why do I think that?  Because you need a darker floor so the dirt, grime, etc., does not show up as much as it would be if the floor was lighter.

Also.....you need to place the following on the patio.

1)  A large patio mat (probably 9x12 or 8x10) colorful that will be pretty and easy to clean.  Get one from the Q....I have one and I can sweep it off as well as wash it off from the outside hose.

2)  Get your patio furniture also to put on top of the mat and both coordinate each other....I have a couch, two chairs and small table and they have blue and white on one side and solid blue on the other.  My patio mat from QVC is also in a blue color and they match great together.  I don't like bland colors, so pick something that "pops" and will distract from the dark floors you have now.  Nothing to blend it (like gray, brown, tan)...but rather, blue or green or red.

3)  Get some ceramic pots and plant some banana plants in them.  I have 4 surrounding my patio in ceramic pots (and leave out all year) and I have 2 that are in the ground.  The ones in the ground get taller because there is no lack of space as they are in the ceramic planter pots.  The ones in the pots get about 3 feet tall...the bigger the pot, the taller they grow.  These, I also got at the Q.

4)  I also have 2 solar fountains on my patio (yes, also from the Q), LOL.

All this will be beautiful and you won't notice the dark floors at all with everything placed on top of it.  Again, you really don't want a light floor....the one you have is beautiful and will match great with whatever colors you choose for your patio furnishings.

So, hope you get swimming in that beauty soon, MICK....and buy a "mermaid tail" too, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Lawdy @MickD ... Surfer dude is on the road?  LOL  I freaked when DD did it and I remember when @loveschocolate DD did it.  So far we have made it so you will to sweetie. Smiley Wink 

Loving your pool and it will look better after a few days of baking in the sun.  Just give it time.  Did you get your soup made tonight?  Get better girl!  No time to be sick now.

OK ... ladies, I'm asking for prayers tonight.  DH's cousins hubby made it thru kidney donation and is doing well in recovery tonight.  His donor however is not coming out of her anesthesia.  She is having a little trouble.  Can you all send some healing thoughts her way?

@Preds wrote:

Lawdy @MickD ... Surfer dude is on the road?  LOL  I freaked when DD did it and I remember when @loveschocolate DD did it.  So far we have made it so you will to sweetie. Smiley Wink 

Loving your pool and it will look better after a few days of baking in the sun.  Just give it time.  Did you get your soup made tonight?  Get better girl!  No time to be sick now.

OK ... ladies, I'm asking for prayers tonight.  DH's cousins hubby made it thru kidney donation and is doing well in recovery tonight.  His donor however is not coming out of her anesthesia.  She is having a little trouble.  Can you all send some healing thoughts her way?

@Preds......Prayers sent for your DH's cousin's hubby and his donor.  ((HUGS))  

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Hump DaaaAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@MickD....YES IT IS, and I'm taking a break right now.  Been working my tail off getting things cooked to take to my sister's tomorrow....I'm pooped, haven't eaten and want to take a NAP, lol.

Respected Contributor

Waving to everyone and sharing my heartfelt wishes for you all to have a wonderful week no matter what your plans are.

For some, it's family (ours puts the fun in dysfunctional) and those families who are not large in number but large at heart.

I got roped into having some family over. However, none of us are crazy about turkey so my SIL got a Honey Baked ham and DB INSISTED on potato salad instead of mashed.  The house is clean and between my niece and SIL they are bringing sides and dessert.

Again, waving to all the best ladies on this thread!