Respected Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

Good Morning flufferetts, 

@shell garden Hey gf, glad all is good for you and your little one. Hope you felt all the love and prayers being sent your way.

@dooBdoo , I didn't realize you also were in the path of the storm, happy to hear your ok also.

@ Gooday hope your feeling better and things are settling down for ya! 

Have a great Tuesday everyone Heart

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies ~ I'm feeling a smidge better.  I still feel like there's a hairball caught in the back of my throat. I got a good night sleep last night but when I woke up my pillow was quite wet.  I guess I might have had a fever.

Anywho...I'm glad our @shell garden weathered the storm.  We got our friend/family Florida upate: My SIL and BIL'S townhouse in Bonita Springs which is right near Naples, got the screens blown off their patio, the outdoor ceiling fan was knocked down and a huge old tree was uprooted but did not hit the house.

Frank's former partner who lives in Venice was untouched but the ironic part is that they went to a friends home a few blocks away to ride out the storm.  The power went out.  When he returned home, he had power! My former SIL lives and has a business in Naples and when I talked to my nephew he said his mom was staying put.  I guess that's why is an EX-SIL!

Thank goodness no one was hurts.  Frank's sister usually returns to Florida the middle of October but I think they may be going as soon as possible.

@MaRina ~ thank your son for his service. It's a rare calling these days.

I'm running out of steam. I'm going to have a glass of O.J. and take a nap.  We have a mover coming tomorrow to pick up our dining room/china cabinet, end tables and lamps for my cousins. Check that off the list!

Honored Contributor

@Gooday Well that must be a load off you guys....glad that the Florida peeps are okay!

It sounds like that cold may be stickin around for a bit....nothing you can do but rest. Sending healing thoughts your way.

The end of your days in Chi-town are coming closer and closer...hang on tight!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 Oh that poor kitty cat!  Yuck.....it's a furball all right.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD, my niece is without power. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate Oh boy.  Did you guys communicate through FB?  I feel sorry for her son if they don't get power and the a.c. going soon.  But maybe they're having a blast right now...sometimes kids love the adventure of storms and no power...until they don't!  At least they're okay!

Respected Contributor

@Gooday you are so kind and I thank you. Get lots of rest and kick your cold to the curb.

Glad to hear your Florida peeps are ok! 

Honored Contributor

What's for dinner Fluffettes?  Whole wheat  spaghetti and a spicy tomato basil sauce...simple - the a.c. is running.

Honored Contributor

Dropping by for a minute.  Lawdy, I can't seem to catch up anywhere.  LOL

@MaRina ... So much love sent to your son.  Same to you for understanding his calling.

@shell garden ... Get that yard cleaned up woman.  There's other stuff to do.  Smiley Wink  Glad that's all you got, because I was worried.

@dooBdoo ... I couldn't believe we were put a FEMA alert last night.  I'm sorry you had to deal with it, too, but maybe GA slowed that B down.  We ended up with wind and light rain ... even all day today, but no problems here.

@MickD ... My do needs to be done, but ain't got there yet either.  Dang life keeps getting in the way.  Maybe I just need to keep this mop covering my face. Hmmm....

Got that pool in yet?  I think we all need a girls day in it.  Wouldn't that "crack it up"?

@ShowMe ... I love a greasy burger ... if it tastes good. Sorry yours was a waste.  I would have sent it back and told them to make a hocky puck out of it if they couldn't make it good.  Yep, I like mine burnt.

@loveschocolate ... Appears the power will be out for a long time in FL.  Getting bits and pieces here.  Hoping all is good for everyone.

@Gooday ... Take it easy woman.  Glad some is better, but it comes right back if you turn the wrong way.  Let the workers take care of everything tomorrow and try not to stress.

@fourpaws56 ... I look like that poor kitty.  Gooday and I have "hairballs" from Hades.

Okay, off to fix roasted taters and hamburgers.  Lubs you all ... esp. the ones I didn't pick on tonight.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds Your dinner sounds bananatastic!  You're a busy woman....nothing new around here.  We'd all definitely bust the pool up or get busted!  Have a relaxing evening!