Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@ShowMe Are you going out to dinner??

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Image may contain: dog and text

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 Hilarious!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@ShowMe Are you going out to dinner??

Yes.....have been and back home......  We went to Chili's.  Will never go back there again.  It was LOUSY.  Ordered the cheese burger and fries......  the beef was really greasy and grissly, and therefore the bun was soaking in it.  The tomato was mushy and tasted like it was rotten.  The lettuce ok and onion were ok.  The fries were way too too salty.  Can't say anything good about it at all.  Didn't order a beer.....bet it would have been warm.....lol.  Steak 'n' Shake would have been 100% better........  Even Vera said that.  She ordered a Mexican soup, and said it was pretty good, and hot (like from cooking).  

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Image may contain: dog and text

Oh how funny.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe Oh that's too bad.  I would've sent it back....I know....you probably didn't want to raise a fuss.  I am sure you were too busy catching up with Vera.  At least you had great conversation, I'm sure.  You had a snappin outfit on too....right?

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@ShowMe Oh that's too bad.  I would've sent it back....I know....you probably didn't want to raise a fuss.  I am sure you were too busy catching up with Vera.  At least you had great conversation, I'm sure.  You had a snappin outfit on too....right?

Nope.....didn't send it back, but let the waitress know I was not pleased with it.  Yes, Vera and I did a lot of catching up.  Still have more catching up to do.  No, I didn't dress up this evening.  Had on what I wore this morning.....comfy.......  

I had another bag waiting at my door when I got home.  Wonder where it had been delivered to.  Got 3 packages today......  Haven't opened them yet.  Too tired.  Will do it tomorrow.

I am really one tired cookie tonight.  Sitting here thinking I really need to go get my jammies on, and then do my nightly things before going to bed.  

Will come on some time tomorrow.  Not going to jump out of bed when I wake up.....and maybe I may fall back to sleep.  Will only do tomorrow what I feel like doing.  Not in a hurry to do anything.  

Ok sweetie.....here's hoping you are having a good night.  Will see you some time tomorrow.

Sweet dreams......

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe Good night....luv you!  Get a good night's sleep!

Esteemed Contributor

HI EVERYONE.  Thanks for asking about me.

Just taking a minute to let you know I am okay.  It was somewhat scary yesterday starting at 8 AM through 10 PM last night.  Lots of Sustained winds (meaning it blew that way all day from 8 AM - 10PM at around 35-38 mph) and then gusts of 55-58 all day long.  The 35-38 MPH doesn't sound like alot, but when it is constantly blowing, it is. 

There are widespread outages in our area, mostly in Augusta, GA., and counties around us, but THANK YOU LORD, in our neighborhood, the electricity stayed on.  It blinked about 5 seconds yesterday morning (on and then off and then on) and again late yesterday afternoon again (off and back on for about 30 seconds)...but, we thankfully had power all day and night.  

There are alot of limbs down in my yard....NOT huge ones, just alot of annoying ones, but thank goodness we are safe.  Okay, sweeties....enjoy your day.  I've got cleaning up in the yards to do today and get things cleaned up and hauled to our trash center, so I'll be busy for the next few days.  But, wanted to let you know, thanks to all of you with your prayers and with the good LORD above, everything is fine.

I feel so bad about those poor people in Florida and flooding in Savannah and Charleston, but GOD IS GOOD and he will take care of them as well as what we all can do for our fellow man.

Take care....lubs y'all.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

PREDS....OMG, I remember Sept. 11, 2001 too.  Your aunt and uncle were at the PENTAGON?  OMG, God took care of them for sure.  We will never ever forget that day.  Did you get through IRMA?  Any storms or rain?  Thank you for the shoutout and thinking of me.

HI MARINA, thanks for thinking of me.  How is DS?  Thanks SHOWME for the shoutout and thinking me too and hope your eye gets better with those drops.  I hope LESA is okay too....and DOOBDOO.

Waving to everyone else. Gotta go and start the cleanup around here.  Will check on y'all soon.  Again, thank you for your prayers.  GOD IS GOOD.