Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@Lesa it looks like your area is gonna be right in the thick of it.  I hope your aren't in the Lake Okeechobee flood zone.  

Good idea to take a break from the news....it must be stressful!  I'd be stress cooking and eating right now.  Prayers to you!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@ShowMe, you made me spit out my drink when I read "the clothes thief"!!! I know it's true, but the way you typed it!!! Laughter is great medicine. We need @Preds@MickD@Gooday@shell garden to get on here and whoop it up!!! ❤️😂❤️

@loveschocolate....hey girl....MY "WHOOP" done "WHOPPED", lol...rotf...brahahahahahahahaha.

I pushed mowed my front, sides and back yard yesterday and even did my neighbor's front yard (yes, I'm crazy, lol)...but, it was a cool, cool day and I wanted to run out all my gas in my lawn mower and didn't want alot of gas sitting in it over the storm.  I didn't even take a break, did all of it in 2 hours.  I surprised myself, lol.....the cool weather helped tremendously.  If it was hot and humid, I would have had to take a break after the back yard before doing the front.

Then did some things around the house.....charging up items, (small TVs, portable lights, 2 dvd players), and got my candles ready for possible storm.  Even though it has shifted, (THANK YOU LORD)...we are still going to be on the western end of it (which they say is still rough) and you never know what's going to happen.  It's been different everyday (the route).

So, I'll take a rain check after the storm and we will be here PARTYING and me...well, you know I'll be "shaking my booty", lol.

Shell.....glad you got everything done.....now you can relax a little before the storm......Here's hoping you don't get much there.  You are so well prepared, and am proud of you.  Know hyou can hardly wait to be shaking your booty......lol.   

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@Lesa it looks like your area is gonna be right in the thick of it.  I hope your aren't in the Lake Okeechobee flood zone.  

Good idea to take a break from the news....it must be stressful!  I'd be stress cooking and eating right now.  Prayers to you!!!!

@MickD  We are in Hendry County. The more it moves to the West, the better off we'll be. The only thing we will have to deal with is if (when) the electric goes out, and we will have use of a generator.   

We had burgers for lunch. .. a favorite of mine. 

My DD and Sil and their neighbor moved DD's car to the work shop ( it's big) and then moved the neighbor's car into the garage. They're good friends and always help each other. 

Still it won't be fun, and I am concerned for others who are in much worse circumstances. Will be glad when the %$^$#$%$%$ hurricane is gone,gone,gone.

Hope your pool is ready for me to jump in soon. lolool... looked for a funny swimsuit image on Google, but I think the whole thread would be deleted if I posted one. hahaha 

Honored Contributor

@Lesa It sounds like you guys are as prepared as can be!  On the tube they're showing long lines for shelters....that's rough..people passing out in line.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@ShowMe....the "clothes thief"?  LOL, ROTF.  Awww, why didn't you call the thief and tell her to mind her own business?  ROTF...LOL, BRAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Seriously, she must be feeling left out or something, huh?  Oh well, guilt usually comes out in all forms of action.  Let her deal with it.

Don't worry about a thing.  You've got great doctors/nurses who are taking care of you.  Like I said in the past, this is just perhaps a different treatment course that they will be taking for you to wipe this out once and for all.  We are always here for you.  Prayers and thoughts your way. ((HUGS))

Well.....that's what she is.  She would have to lose a lot of weight to fit into my clothes.....she is huge.  But she does have family that can wear my clothes, and know that is where they went.  Am sure she is feeling left out, especially when she sees and hears us when we are outside the building talking and laughing.  She doesn't miss a thing.....let me tell you.

Yes, I have been very blessed with having doctors and nurses that are taking care of me.  I am so glad that if Dr. G is befuddled about something concerning my care, he will talk with another doctor.....he doesn't hide a thing from me.  He does care very much about his patients.  And, I know that now he is very concerned about what treatment will be needed.....or if he will continue with what he has me on.  Will know more after the biopsy.......

Thanks for the prayers and hugs.

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Preds wrote:

@Lesa ... Door is open for you, too.  If you need us ... we are here.  Prayers for you honey.

@Lesa....absolutely stay safe.  Prayers abound for all of us in the path.

@Suziepeach....if you are reading here, please know we are praying for you also.  You're near Atlanta, right?  Thanks, SHOWME, for letting us know about Smoky and I agree....wish she would come back and post with us.  Love Smoky.

Prayers are being said for all of you in Irma's path.  

Smoky wasn't home when she e-mailed.  Away for the weekend.....  May try to call her sometime Monday.  I know I will e-mail her too.

I have a couple friends that live in The Villages, FL, but I don't really know where this is.  Talked with the man that was best man in my first wedding last night, and he said they had not heard from them.  Tomorrow is their anniversary.....hard to believe that we were together celebrating with them last year at this time.  Maybe they escaped to a safer place so they can celebrate tomorrow.  She was my brides maid.  And I was one of her's.......

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@shell garden I am glad the hurricane will miss you.  Hopefully the rain and wind won't be that bad.

The backyard is a mess.  They did the pipe system and ripped up the concrete on the side of the house.  Laid the gas lines for the fountains.  I can't even get a quality pic of the devastation...the concrete pile is huge....goes along the back wall....P_20170909_091940.jpg

Yep.....what a mess.  Know you will be happy when they are all done and gone.  

Have a question......does anyone have to give a final inspection once everything is done?

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

OMGosh......I hope the same thing......  

Think I would be doing the same thing......nothing like food when you are stressed out.  

Continuing with prayers from here too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShowMe Yes.

.....We can't fill the pool until we pass.

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@ShowMe Yes.

.....We can't fill the pool until we pass.

Well, that's good.  Who does the inspection....the city or who?