Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

[ Edited ]

@SweetWood Max wrote:

Hello Showme and friends! Hope you all are doing fine!

Well.......good to see you.  It's been a while.  I'm doing OK.......   How are you doing.  Think of you often.  Hope you still have my e-mail addy.....

Honored Contributor

@Lesa wrote:

@ShowMe  Hooray for the good eye exam report. 

Sorry to hear that your friend, Evelyn, , passed away.

Hi to all Fluffettes and all who visit this thread today.

Closing arguments on the trial I'm watching. (Henry Segura)

Always happy when I get a good report.  They are far and few between......these days.

Yes, Evelyn was a special lady in my life.  When her family moved her out of the apartment across the drive thru from me, I was like a lost puppy dog for a while.  We did a lot of things together.....  When she was in need of a new eye doctor, she wanted to go to my eye doctor because she remembered how good they were to me when I had my cataracts removed.  And she was in need of that being done to her.  They did take good care of her.  I knew the doc would want to know of her passing......  Guess they have marked her records as deceased.

Have fun watching your trials.  They can be interesting....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Afternoon one and all......

So wanted to go get my hair cut today, but don't think I will be going.  My knees are really hurting today.  Do think it is because the heat is back once again.  Had a few days where they really felt pretty good.....that was when we had the cooler weather.  Hopefully I will get there tomorrow.  

Got my "Smiley" fix several times yesterday.  LOVES, had you heard anything on how he is doing????

Sis is wanting me to let her know when it would be the best time for her to make another trip up here.  So, this afternoon I will be working on that.  Need to figure out when my treatments will be, and then the laundry and cleaning schedules.  No sense in them coming to clean while she is here.  That happened the last visit, and it was a waste of time and money.  It's amazing how much mess 2 women can make......lol.

Ok, time to go get something to eat for lunch.  

Honored Contributor

Happy Taco Tuesday!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Drizzly and humid and mid 70's.  DS made it through the interview.  He thought he did well.  There were 3 other kids waiting to interview.  He will get a call on Friday or Monday if he gets the job.  I told him not to get his hopes up too high and be prepared to job hunt.

Well no news on the soil sample and the city inspector's report.  He did come out yesterday and was still fuming about wasting his time coming to the house on Friday.  Thank gawd I was wearing my Green Bay shirt as his fiance is a big fan too.  That broke the ice a little....he was a trip - are you the point person on this?  Me - no I'm just the home owner and I will relay your info to the pool rep.   Oh he gave me his last business card too....eegads, man.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon y'all.

The Gooday taxi service has the day off today and I'm still in my Cuddl Dud nightgown.  I did manage to do 2 loads of laundry including the bed sheets.  DH is at the store and we're having left over sketti that I made with oil, garlic and some crushed red pepper.  There was so much left over, I told him to get some Italian sausage and metaball mix.  The Italian store near us sells the ground beef and pork with all the seasonings of a meatball and dang, they are good.  We had laid off the meat for a few days and we're now ready to ease back in to it.

I got sad news today for real ~ my nephew's wife, announced they are separating.  I know last Thanksgiving they were having issues.  I had told @ShowMe about it.  They tried and I hate to say it, but from what I know (or think I know), it's mostly the nephew's fault.  I like her very much and I feel for her because her family lives in Northern California (Humboldt County for you Californians) and they are really tight knit.  So, I'm sure they are not thrilled with their SIL.  I wish them both the best.  At least they never had kids...neither of them ever wanted a family.  They've been married 8 years next month.

Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Drizzly and humid and mid 70's.  DS made it through the interview.  He thought he did well.  There were 3 other kids waiting to interview.  He will get a call on Friday or Monday if he gets the job.  I told him not to get his hopes up too high and be prepared to job hunt.

Well no news on the soil sample and the city inspector's report.  He did come out yesterday and was still fuming about wasting his time coming to the house on Friday.  Thank gawd I was wearing my Green Bay shirt as his fiance is a big fan too.  That broke the ice a little....he was a trip - are you the point person on this?  Me - no I'm just the home owner and I will relay your info to the pool rep.   Oh he gave me his last business card too....eegads, man.

GREEN BAY ~ You're killing me! LOL.

I hope the boy gets the job.  If he thinks he did good, then there is a good chance he did.

Govt. red tape...hmmmpphh.

What's for your din-din tonight?  Ever since you posted about Chinese, I'm thinking it might be for supper tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@Gooday Sorry to hear about the break up.  Thank goodness they didn't have kids.....divorce is not fun.  Hopefully it will be amicable and they can both move on and be happy.  My mom used to say - I'd rather live alone and be happy than, lonely in a relationship.

Sounds like your hubby is liking going to the store WooHoo!  We love sketti too.....DS just likes sauce and pasta though.  I love to make big fat meatballs with a ton of seasoning - cinnamon, nutmeg, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes.....

Good for you in hangin in your jammies!  You deserve a day off and to turn off the taxi sign!

Respected Contributor

Image result for Bulldog Taco Tuesday Pictures

Honored Contributor

@Gooday DS had pork fried rice for lunch and he has enough for lunch tomorrow.  He has a spicy shredded pork entree left for dinner.  I literally can't eat the stuff like my guys can....I go off the wagon and then start craving the bad stuff!  I turn into an animal I tellz yuz!

That inspector was a trip.....I said thank you for your time Mr Blank!

I don't need any trouble......

DS better get a job.....he will be a senior this year and has no plans on college right now.