Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

Afternoon everyone.....

Hey what is this when a post is being typed and the authenticity appears in pick above what you have just typed??????  I got that message and could not post what I had typed to post.  Crazy......  The Q really needs to do something about their IT department.  Have a feeling things will get even worse once the HSN deal is finalized.  Just sayin.....

Any how, hope all of you are doing better this afternoon then you were this morning.  Maybe some are taking naps to make up for lost sleep.

It is very hot here too.  Our heat index was way up there yesterday also.  Supposed to be very hot here all through the next week. 

The Cards lost last night.  Will be having a game this afternoon, but don't believe I will be watching it.  At the rate they are going now, they won't be playing in the playoffs this year.

Not doing much of anything today.  Just have no ambition today.

Mick......sorry I haven't answered your e-mail yet.  Haven't felt like e-mailing.

Not expecting any packages to be delivered,  Haven't ordered anything.  But am getting all kinds of window shopping books.  Maybe I will look through them this afternoon.....  Have a nice collection of them waiting for me. 

Thinking I will be making a tomato and Miracle Whip sandwich.  The last few tomatoes I bought at Schnuck's are vine ripened from Arkansas.  And, boy are they delicious.  Won't be long and will be buying Missouri vine ripened......  May also make a nice salad to go with my sandwich.  Just too hot to cook right now.

What are you going to be fixing for your dinner????

Honored Contributor

Ladies, my body hurts in places I didn't even know I had. Even my fingers!  I did try to read what ya'll have been up to, but it didn't sink in.  Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.  Working again so ... maybe not. LOL

@ShowMe ... ribs and roasted taters here tonight.  Trying to do laundry since I didn't get  it done today.  I'll finish up the rest tomorrow.

The heat and humidity is horrible and the building we are moving to hasn't been taken care of for at least 4 years.  Bugs, nasty carpets, ripped out wiring, and so much more that is even worse.  Trying to get the wiring done so that I can get in by the end of the week.  Don't see it happening, but ...

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe  Sorry your Cards lost.  Your dinner sounds good!  We are having leftover pizza....which is good as it is too hot to cook.

My email is just blah, blah and more blah:  No BIL visit...thank gawd...he's a trip.  The gardener will be here tomorrow to take out 2 big trees and roots.  DH was gonna just pay him with a check.....um no he'll need cash to haul the stuff to the dump....it's Sunday and he'll want to pay his guys.  Now you don't have to read it!

A lot going on this week and I'm glad he'll be gone most of it....hahaha!  DS's last day of summer school is Thursday.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Preds oh Predsie you over did it!  Knew you would!  This is just a temp building right?  Oh yuck to old carpet and stuff....and you have asthma!!  Double yuck!  Kick back a cold one, then de-germ yourself!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@ShowMe,   That message in red above the reply we're typing is just a problem with the website talking to the browser (browsers are IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.).    Just ignore it and post the comment.    It's annoying and when it shows up that means the "autosave" feature didn't work -- but you still can click "POST" and the comment should appear.    If it's a long reply, it's always a good idea to use the copy feature just to be sure not to lose it, though.   This website is horribly archaic and riddled with bugs.    We need to call in the exterminators to fix it.    A tomato sandwich!    That brings back good memories.    My mother used to love those.     @Preds,  Moving is such a pain.    And it's even worse when you're trying to relocate the workplace and keep things in operation at the same time.    Gosh, you need a rest!   Please don't overdo.    @Lesa,  waving to you!   Glad you stopped by today!   

Have a lovely evening, everyone!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo I hope you were able to catch up on sleep this afternoon!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MickD wrote:

@dooBdoo I hope you were able to catch up on sleep this afternoon!

Hi, @MickD!     Thanks!  My kitty and I took a cat nap.    Then I proceeded to the kitchen for a snack...  and started a fire in my microwave! 😳   (Caught it right away, no damage done other than my embarrassment for leaving something non-microwaveable in there.)    "It's always something," as the sweet, funny Gilda Radner wrote.🙃

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  Yay for the nap! Boo for the fire! I bet it scared you awake!  I had a microwaveable plate explode once....my son set something on fire too....it happens!

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy sunday morning

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!