Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@shell garden wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@MickD........sis wants to get on to check her e-mail, so will try to chat with you again some time tomorrow evening......after we get home from Red Lobster.

@ShowMe...tell SIS "hello" from all of us.  Glad she made it safely to your home.  Let her come on and post if she wants too, ....just tell her to ignore all of our crazy, (but lovable) comments, lol.

Oh wow, I love RED LOBSTER....have a fun time.  I see below that you and SIS will be having dessert after the meal.....I also see SHOWME stealing some of SISTER'S dessert, LOL, ROTF.....

SHOWME STOP THAT, LOL........

\

Have to say this is one of the cutest I've seen in a long time.  Show it to sis......she laughed and said she liked it too. 

Maybe we will be able to have some cake tomorrow......

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy sunday morning

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday Fluffettes!

@ShowMe I didn't go.  They had a good time.  DS ate like a pig - 3 sliders, spaghetti, chicken shishkabob, a ton of fries.  DH said the wine was flowing at 11:30am.  They stayed at the reception for a couple hours before the ocd took over.  David did really well reading the Torah.

I hope the bad weather has passed so you can get out with your friends!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text and outdoor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds oh man......you need a new weed wacker!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I did @MickD.  DH had to restring the weedeater after I was done. LOL

Honored Contributor

shell garden wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

Good morning, @Preds, @MickD, @loveschocolate, @shell garden, @ShowMe, and all our Fluffettes!    Early good wishes for a peaceful, safe, mindful Memorial Day weekend.   I know this somber time dedicated to remembrance is very close to many of you, your hearts, families and lives have been forever changed.   My gratitude to you and your loved ones who are a part of your heart and who will always live on in the magnificent people you are.   

My love to you all.❤️

@dooBdoo....what a beautiful sentiment.  We lubs you too, sweetie.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Aw, thanks, @shell garden.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

shell garden wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

MickD wrote:

@dooBdoo Do you have anything planned for the weekend?  .....lubs yuz too!

Hi, @MickD!   Lubs the lubs!    Never can have too much!   Today was special...  went to the national cemetery and helped decorate graves.    It was nice to see Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops there.   I like knowing the meaning behind the holiday is being quietly and lovingly passed forward to each generation.   I always think of you and your family today.   And our other posters, too, who have lost loved ones and who have served, themselves...  (((@loveschocolate))) important among them.    For the rest of the weekend, some laziness will abound.    There's a gathering here in our community, picnic and music, and I probably will join in if the weather's good.

Greetings, @ShowMe!    Sounds like a busy but happy day for you and sis.   And a "good tired" after all that.   I hope you rest well and have a nice visit in the coming days while she's there with you.   

Waves to @Lesa, @Preds, @Gooday, @shell garden, and all the Fluffettes who do or don't check in!    Love to you all!❤️

@dooBdoo...how special what you did.  When you say the "national" cemetery, do you mean Arlington National?  My uncles who was a Chief Petty Officer for the Navy is buried there.  I have been to Washington, DC...twice and love that city.  Possibly because I love history and it is a historical place.  My uncle chose to be buried there,....my Dad was in the army for a few years and served during the Korean War and WWII....very bad nightmares when he returned til the day he passed.  My dad is buried in our family plot here.

So nice to see BOY and GIRL SCOUTS doing things like this....what a wonderful organization it continues to be.

It's the local national cemetery, @shell garden, one of the National Cemetery Association group managed by the Department of Veterans Affairs.    I really like visiting D.C., and I've spent a lot of time there and got pretty familiar with some of the area working with the V.A. and associated agencies.   Arlington National Cemetery is breathtaking in so many ways...  so special that your dear uncle is there.   I'm sorry about your father's suffering.   That breaks my heart.   I've worked with veterans most of my adult life, and PTSD is powerful, painful, and can be devastating.   My gratitude to your family for the service and dedication to our nation.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Gooday wrote:

Image result for Memorial Day Animated GIFs

Good afternoon ladies ~ It looks like most of you gals are busy.

@MickD ~ hey girlfriend.  I see you've had quite the week.  Awww.... big hugs to you.  If you were here (or I were there), I'd share my Xanax with you.

@ShowMe ~ is celebrating her birthday/holiday weekend with her favorite sister.  I hope your appetite is up to par!  Mexican food, Red Lobster....pop, pop, fiz, fiz, oh what a relief it is!

@shell garden ~ Hey Esther Williams! I picture you with a flowered bathing cap on and water goggles just backstroking the length of the pool and when you get out, a HUUUGE glass of sweet tea OR, a mint julep. You go girl!

@loveschocolate ~ take it easy woman! Home improvements, gardening, dealing with the little children at school, car repairs.  Whew.....you're making me tired just writing this.  EAZZZY DOES IT for a day or two.  Chillax.

@Preds ~ I'm rooting for the Predators.  What a hot time it will be in Nashville.  I'm tell you the same thing I told @loveschocolate: EAZZZZY does it for a few days.  Give your gams a rest and also take care of your allergy/breathing thingy.

@dooBdoo ~ Now...Ms. DbD ~ You are so very special to me and everyone on this thread.  I read your posts and feel uplifted.  You never fail to bring a smile to my face and encourage each and every one of us ladies.  Do you EVER say a bad word about anyone?  I know you have "your days" due to your migraines and I'm sure some other things that you carefully tuck away from the rest of us.  You are most certainly loved.

To @MaRina, @cater, @sweetpea53 and @WaJa ~ if you gals are reading, have a great weekend and even though we may not be here all the time, I often think of you all.

What a great post, @Gooday!    You always keep up with everyone and all their activities and concerns...  I'm not good at doing that, I fear.   

On the forum, in general, I really do get peeced off 😜 from time to time and it's hard to sit on my hands and say nothing.    Sometimes I step into the fray and then when I find myself amidst a smackdown I gently tiptoe away and wonder "what was I thinking".    Fortunately, a lot of the nastiness is managed by the moderators now so we don't see as much cruelty toward others...  but now and then it crops up and it's hard to ignore.

Thank you for your kind, encouraging words.    I wish I could live up to that, but it certainly is something to which I can aspire.   The fact is that you have a knack for putting a smile on our faces, for inspiring, encouraging and uplifting us.    You are a gem, and you are so very special to me.  Your comments mean the world to me.    All of you mean so much to me, more than I'll ever be able to say.❤️   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Preds wrote:

No fishing @shell garden.  Wanted to go yesterday, but it was to windy.  Went to Lovelass and shopping instead.  Today, cleaning house and fixing food for the week.

@MickD ... you need more than one bottle honey.  Sounds like you've been thru hades.  Extra sorry about your new clothes.  I try on everything as soon as it gets here.  Don't like ... goes back.  Like ... get's washed. Smiley Happy

@ShowMe ... glad you got everything caught up before sis got here.  You should be dang proud of yourself.  Of course you did more than you should have, but that's you.  Take it easy woman and let sis deal with it.

@loveschocolate ... Butter Up!!!! You deserve it and to heck with what DH thinks.  Besides, DD with probably take half of yours. Smiley Wink

@dooBdoo ... Thank you and bless you.  So thoughtful to so many.  Your words are strong and from the heart.  You do it so well.  Sending hugs to you my friend.

@Lesa@MaRina, @Smoky and all the other "family" that pops in.  Wishing you a great and safe weekend.

Thanks, @Preds.❤️    Right back atcha, my friend.   You're the best!   (((big hugs)))