Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

Image result for good morning friends images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe Wishing you a good treatment day.....I hope the sun is shining and the birds are singing!  We love you!!!!!!

Hey Fluffettes- what's up?  I gotta get my big buhunkus on the treadmill and my stinky skunky flat-coated to the groomer and then gotta get some food for the next couple days.....we're supposed to get rain soon.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi, @ShowMe, @fourpaws56, @MickD, @Preds!    

@ShowMe,  How cool that your sister paints!    Hey, I'll bet you would've been a great model, nude or otherwise.     I'm not really very talented, I just like the creative process.    The end result isn't usually anything anybody wants to keep.    Drawing works pretty well for me -- I can draw almost photographically, but then we might as well have a photograph!    I can't paint at all, and I was really bad at ceramics.    It's just so much fun to try it all, and it gives us a real appreciation for those who are artists.    Thinking of you today, and sending light and love your way.❤️

@MickD,  Your poor pooch and your poor noses!    I hope the groomer can help.   We had some major storms roll through last night, more today and one is on the way right now.   The wind seems to get our cable lines and power lines every time, so the service goes up and down.  

Have a wonderful afternoon/evening, everyone!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo you've got skills lady!!! Drawing like something is a photograph is talent!!! What do you like to draw????   I hope the storms pass through fast for yuz!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

MickD wrote:

@dooBdoo you've got skills lady!!! Drawing like something is a photograph is talent!!! What do you like to draw????   I hope the storms pass through fast for yuz!

I don't hold any misconceptions that I have skills in that area, @MickD. 😜   I enjoy pencil drawings, using various methods of shading with graphite, that kind of thing, but it's probably just therapeutic and I haven't done it in a while.    My teachers -- one in particular -- would kid me about "never coloring outside the lines" because I'm so detail-oriented.    I like drawing still-life compositions or ourdoor scenes the best, I think.    One interesting thing I learned along the way...  a drawing/painting that was done from looking at a photograph is usually something we can spot.    For some reason, it's never as dimensional as using real objects, people, or a scene, and it shows in the results.    Very interesting the way our brain and our eyes work.

I like to encourage people to visit local art departments in colleges and universities, and local fine craft shows (the ones that are juried), because so often we can buy beautiful things to adorn our walls, our homes, or even our bodies, have one-of-a-kind pieces, and support our local artists at the same time.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo I bet your work is beautiful.  I've been going to art shows since I was a kid ...not so much lately.  What is amazing are all the young artists....high school age....the things they create are simply amazing.....GO ARTS and MUSIC appreciation in our high schools!

Honored Contributor

MickD wrote:

@dooBdoo I bet your work is beautiful.  I've been going to art shows since I was a kid ...not so much lately.  What is amazing are all the young artists....high school age....the things they create are simply amazing.....GO ARTS and MUSIC appreciation in our high schools!

Thanks, @MickD!    It's fun and relaxing, and that's probably what counts.    I love the arts.    We used to attend Spoleto in Charleston, SC, every year.    I'd love to live there and be a full-time volunteer for that endeavor.    We've got to find a way to support the arts in America, one way or another, and I'm worried...  that's all I can say about that here, but I think you agree.    Anyhoo...  hope you find some cool art exhibits to stroll through this spring and summer.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo you would be a great volunteer!  There are art shows here often in my little town.....especially in the spring and summer.  Every other week there is a farmer's market and that brings many artists out too....and you've probably seen this where you live as well. And many places hang art on the walls to purchase....I like to photograph stuff ....have a nikon with all the trimmings....I haven't done that in awhile either!   Fits and starts with me!

Honored Contributor

Hey girls.....just got on here and read your posts.  I have been sleeping on and off all afternoon since I'm home.  Boy, this time it really hit me before I left the building to get my car.  Could hardly wait to get home.  Didn't even bother to fix a cup of coffee.....just went in the living room, sat down, and before I knew it, my head was leaning back against the sofa.  I know, I should have gone to my bed, but just didn't have the energy.

Ok.....you two blooming artists, am enjoying your posts.  I do not have any of those talents.....but do believe my interest lies in interior decorating.  Love working with colors, woods, fabrics, paint colors, etc.     Have always loved doing that.  I can see a color and remember it.....then go and put together a whole room with upholstered furniture and it usually turns out beautiful.  Have helped a number of my friends do their homes.