Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@MickD wrote:

@ShowMe what???? You're not going to pig out on all those goodies in one day????? Hahaha!  I know benadryl is a good sleep aide.......good thing you don't have the itching anymore.....probably drove you bonkers.  What is for din-din?

Yes, it is a good sleep aide.  Maybe MaRina ought to try that......  It only takes a short time for it to start to make you sleepy.  Plus those Glaucoma drops I take make me drowsy, so I have it made......LOL

I'm really not hungry for din-din yet.  When I got home from the store I fixed a tuna salad sandwich on bread from the fresh loaf I brought home.  It was so good.  Maybe I will have one or 2 of the chicken strips I have.  Don't know yet...

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo........  Yep, it's been busy on here lately.  Good to see......

Oh my gosh, you ought to try those cookies.  They are not a big cookie, and are nice and crisp.  Delicious with a glass of milk, cup of tea, or cup of coffee.  Sort of hit the spot when you want something sweet.  You can google them.  I have ordered them for presents on there before.  And those that got them really enjoyed them and were happy to know they could be ordered on line.  In the store where I shop, they have their own stand with several of the different kinds they sell.  But the Scotch Oatmeal are my favorite. 

We did have fun on the thread......it is so interesting to learn of the things people like.  I too have some very nice things friends and some in my family have made and given to me.  My one cousin teaches art at a college in Ohio......she is the one that did the art work for the Reds.....and has had some of her art work on display in the Museum......she has given me several different things.....have a dish on the table of the table lamp in my living room right now.  Another friend of mine that lives in Hudson, Ohio was very good with making ceramics....and she made several things for me. 

But, I do have my collectibles.  Wedgewood, Royal Dalton dolls, Ansley, and of course my Belleek.  Not a collector of Waterford though.....even though I think it is beautiful.

Yes, we do have a good group of people living in this building now.....so it is best to just keep quiet.  No, the little ones were only here for the one over night.  And understand fully that they are not used to apartment living.....

Sis is a little better today......but still bothered with it.

Nightmares......hate them.  Have no idea where they come from, and wish I didn't have them.  It was so real though. 

Yes, I am all ready for tomorrow.  Will be glad when the treatment is over and I am back in my apartment for the next days to rest up.......

Hope everything is good with you.....  Take care dear one...  

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@MickD wrote:

Hey Fluffs!....I missed the party!

What party??????

Image result for cat party funny

Honored Contributor

Hi, @ShowMe!    I'm glad your sister is at least slightly better today.    You're right, it's not a condition with good treatments so it's hard to live with sometimes.    How interesting that your cousin teaches art!   I grew up immersed in performing arts (music), but I sort of stumbled into the field of visual arts when I decided to take a class in college.    I liked the general art appreciation so much I ended up taking all the art history courses offered.   Then I decided on a class that allowed newbies to try our hand at a variety of media...  and I learned really quickly how it can look "easy" to create a work of art but in actuality it's not simple and not for everyone.  

I've taken several drawing classes, but I'll never be an artist.    Someone very close to my heart is a gifted goldsmith/silversmith who only makes one-of-a-kind pieces and also teaches, and he's a judge for juried fine craft exhibits.  I'm fortunate to have many of his wearable art pieces.    I know you have a wonderful, varied collection of beautiful goodies...   that's so important, I think, to surround ourselves with beauty.

Those cookies sound good.   Yums!   I haven't had dinner, and it's getting late...  think I'll find something to eat before I start looking online for those sweets because I don't want to be overly tempted.    I have a terrible sweet tooth.     Have a nice evening!    Rest up, and attack the day tomorrow victoriously with joie de vivre...  as you always do!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I had chicken salad on toast,oatmeal cookies and milk ,looking forward to DWTS tonight

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 you dinner sounds delish!  We will have leftover fish tomorrow.....DH bought a ton.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Image may contain: people sitting, cat, meme and text

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo......it's amazing how we get to know things about the people we post with on here.  But somehow, you don't surprise me.  You are so talented in so many ways......and I envy you for that.

We had 2 aunts that were very talented in the art field and music field......my sister too is very talented and does beautiful work.  I have a number of her paintings in my apartment.  One is of flowers she did when she was in high school, and the latest is one she did in water colors and it stands on my dresser.  The cousin that teaches art, also makes jewelry, and many other things.  There was a time when I had a pretty good figure and she wanted to do a nude picture of me, but I just wouldn't have that.  Have never regretted saying no to that. 

Well dear one, I've had a busy day and am getting tired now.  Thinking I want to get into my jammies and get comfortable.  Will have a Boost in a little while.  Hope you have a wonderful rest of your night. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Image may contain: cat and text

Respected Contributor

Image may contain: cat, meme and text