Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

Sitting here waiting for the cold front to hit us.  Will be glad when it gets here.....  Supposed to really cool us off for a few days and nights.  Right now it is pretty warm out there, and very humid.

Well, another scare with my sister.  I check in with her each morning once I'm up and moving about.  Called her this a.m., got her answering machine.....left a message for her.  To make a long story short, that was about 9:15, and asked her to call me back.  I wasn't aware of any place she was supposed to be.....  Finally, I called her again at about 12:15......  She was taken to the hospital via ambulance at about 5:30.  Woke up with a terrific pain and felt like her abdomen was being pushed on......  They waited a few minutes to be sure she wasn't having a panic attack, then finally took her to the hospital.  Her neighbor came over and sat with her till the ambulance got there.  She followed them to the hospital and she waited a while.  The same couple that went with her Sunday came to the hospital and the neighbor went home to get ready for work.  They did the CAT or CT on her 2 times this morning with both kinds of views.....the result was the same as Sunday......"mild diverticulitis"......  They got with her primary doctor and gave her a new prescription for the same meds she has been taking and would have been done with them this evening.  Once she got home, her friend went to get her prescription for her, and his wife stayed with sis.  She has another appointment next week to see her doctor again.  She can't have anything but liquids (clear), and no dairy products until the pain ceases, and then very bland diet.....dry toast, scrambled eggs, broth, and more broth.  I think she will be staying close to home for a while.....where she really needs to be. 

She said she planned to call me once she got settled in.....am glad it was nothing more than what it was Sunday.  Can understand why the EMTs waited to be sure it wasn't a panic attack.....she was probably shaking all over and crying. 

So what are all of you doing today......not many posting the last few days........

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe - sorry to hear about your sis.  Hopefully she'll have enough pain meds to get her through this bout...very stressful for her I'm sure.

I'm just puttsin around cleaning and doing laundry.. DS is at work and DH is working from home......keeping out of my sight/way....he's smart today.  It is supposed to get hot again this weekend......we need the cold!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@ShowMe@MickD@Preds, been doing cleaning here. Too hot to do any outdoor work. This summer has been dreadful!!! C'mon Fall!!!!! DD called on her lunch break from work. They promoted her to pharmacy technician. She's soooo excited!!! 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate - congrats on DD's promotion!  Is she going to work during the school year and holidays?  Hot again this weekend....it sucks!  I have not warn a sweater in years....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MickD, yes. One Saturday and one weeknight per week and working over her breaks. We actually had a bit of rain here, we NEED it. Supposed to rain here all weekend. It's not cooling things off. I am ready for Fall clothes. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@MickD, yes. One Saturday and one weeknight per week and working over her breaks. We actually had a bit of rain here, we NEED it. Supposed to rain here all weekend. It's not cooling things off. I am ready for Fall clothes. 

Hey loves......congrats to your DD.  She is really a worker and it pays off, as she is finding out.

We are in the process of having a terrific storm here.  Paul McCartney was down at the Stadium doing a concert, and am sure they have shut it down.  It's a very dangerous place to be during a storm.  Supposed to get about 3" of rain in a very short amount of time.  Lost my cable a few minutes ago, and all the lights in the apartment flickered.  Need to check the clocks......

Have a good weekend......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loveschocolate - your daughter is a worker bee.....she was raised right by her mama.....and daddy.  Reminds me of the line in steel magnolias.....oh gotta look it up!

@ShowMe - oh I hope your power stays on!  Howz sis?  Prayers going out to her.

Honored Contributor

Shelby's wedding:  Lady (mayor's wife???) is dancing in a very unflattering dress...

Clairee - Looks like two pigs fightin under a blanket.

Truvy - Well these thighs haven't gone out of the house without lycra on them since I was  14.

Clairee - You were raised right.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@loveschocolate - your daughter is a worker bee.....she was raised right by her mama.....and daddy.  Reminds of the line in steel magnolias.....oh gotta look it up!

@ShowMe - oh I hope your power stays on!  Howz sis?  Prayers going out to her.

So far the power is still on......did lose the cable, but got it back in a short amount of time. 

Oh my gosh, wish the hospital wouldn't have sent her home with all the possible things that could happen.  Now she is afraid to go to sleep tonight.  She did read some of it to me.....  It's everything that possibly could happen......from the kinds of food she should or should not eat, to even maybe even needing surgery.  I reminded her that she has "mild".....not serious.   Told her to take one of her pain pills tonight.....she doesn't want to......afraid she won't feel the pain like she had this morning......   Can't win with anything I suggested.  One thing I do know is that she is very needy and loves the attention.....  Sorry, but I can't do any of that from St. Louis.....  Her appointment with her doctor is Monday afternoon at 1:30......  Told her I have an appt. with the retina doctor at 12:20,......so will talk to her after she gets home......

Ok, just got kicked out of here for the 2nd time.  Had to sign in and get back on here.   Am having a nice cold Boost right now, ready for bed, and need to get my eye drops in.  Then just a few other things I need to do, then I'll be hitting the hay.  It's been a long day here. 

Honored Contributor

Just listening to the local news.  Made a mistake about McCartney being at the Stadium tonight......It's tomorrow night, so he didn't get rained out.  But some other things going on down at the ARCH area did, and they lost power down there.

Ok, just getting ready now to shut down and hit the hay.

Sweet dreams one and all.....