Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds, good morning!!!! 

Respected Contributor

Good morning ladies.

I'm up early as I have an appointment for my checkup with my PCP.  I've been fasting too because like other doctors, mine likes to see me prior to ordering blood work.  Of course, there is the usual but....

I like to get the first appt. on a Saturday because his office is attached to the hospital and during the week it's always so verrrry crowded.

After that, I MIGHT have to go to the bakery which is only a few blocks away from the hospital.  It has been around for years and it's known for their "lemon fluff" cake.  It's a very light, spongey layer cake with the lightest lemon flavored custard.  Of course, this would be for DH....ahem...ahem.  My mom, God love her, could polish one off in 2-3 days.  She loved her sweets.  The ironic part is that she was a teeny-tiny woman.  However, there were days she would put supper on the table for my dad and us and she would sit there and eat a piece of cake with a cup of coffee. She could tell you all the bakeries near and far and what they specialized in.  And, she was a great baker too. 

I'm a little nostalgic I guess with it being Mother's day tomorrow.  A day she hated as when we were young, she worked as a waitress.  You get the picture.

Well, ladies, with graduations and celebrations and just good old family time, enjoy your weekend.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning @loveschocolate and @Gooday!  Sounds like a busy day for you @Gooday.  I'm doing my Mothers Day rounds today.  After the laundry, bank, grocery, gas, ... stuff.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Gooday, good morning!! Go get that cake!!!! I love my sweets, my waist???.....not so much! 😮😮😮

I too get a little sad on Mother's Day. My mom passed away when my DD just turned one year old. When DD was born, my mom came to the hospital the very same day as she had chemotherapy. She was the strongest woman that I have ever known. All through the chemotherapy and radiation she never complained. I miss her. 😟

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good Saturday morning, 

I just ordered the TSV in Navy. I love love love skorts and needed a Navy anywho the rep asked if I wanted to speak to Susan LOL. I didn't I get to nervous Woman LOL

Loves, sorry sorry about your mom. My mother also passed from cancer she never got the chance to start chemo, it was caught (gallbladder cancer) to late. But I'm so grateful she was able to be here when I had my son he was 2 1/2 when she died. HUGS! 

Gooday, my mother loved her sweets too and was thin. 

Great memories of her you shared.

Preds, do you ever have a day off LOL! 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate - sorry to hear about your mom....my mom died when DS was 3.  I had been in CA for about 6 months and decided to visit her in MI as I needed a vaca......well found out she had uterine cancer. I found her a doc; she started treatment, but failed to continue with it.  I think she missed me and her grandson......she wanted to die....very sad. I offered her to move in with me...but she chose her path..and she suffered long enough..I feel bad for DS as he missed out on knowing his cool nana.   But hey, we are going to look at a new used 2005 Toyota 4 runner tonight so that will be cool it is perfect except for a couple of scratches on the right side...only has 63k miles!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD, I am sorry about your mom. 😟

Hope you get the car! We need to do the same for DD! 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate - I am excited about the car!  A guy is driving it from LA to just north of us..they must have a 70 mile limit....anyway, if we want it we can buy it on the spot for 16.5k... It's legit with carfax info..my DH has had a used   4Runner X 16 years and is overdue for another!  Are you doing anything for mom's day???? We are doing lunch at fisherman's on the pier tomorrow....I wanted to go today, but am pooped. Rex had a seizure at about 5 am and it wiped me out. He's fine now.   DS was an alternate last night, so was upset.....as he didn't swim......we're proud of him anyway. He has to learn to be patient.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Thanks Woman Mad