Honored Contributor

SHORT TOUSLED WIG REVIEW ESCAPISM WITH TAZ

[ Edited ]

If you like cute hair and how it's styled, or just need a short, fun distraction from dreary reality right now, here's a wig video by seasoned blogger, Taz.  She's such a sweetheart and does such a good job-- you don't have to even be interested in wigs to enjoy.  (Bear in mind, she's a petite 5'2",  so it looks like more hair on her than it would on some others.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0x9pDpZ2RI

I'm not a fan of that particular blonde color with the "too-dramatic" (in my view) roots, though.  So here's the same wig, "Jules",  reviewed by super-thorough Heather Hershey, in a pretty, highlighted brown shade.  Bonus--   She's modeling it with beautiful Torquay, Devon, in the background, which I can attest is a lovely place to be in Britain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J7btaoEBso

Just to get away from it all for a few minutes!

Honored Contributor

Re: SHORT TOUSLED WIG REVIEW ESCAPISM WITH TAZ

Great look on Heather; not so much on Taz.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @tansy ,  I'm convinced that part of the problem on Taz is that rooted blonde color--  the contrast between the ultra dark roots and very light blonde is just too garish on most people.  Some makers like Raquel and Gabor do a variety of root "intensities"-- from palest ash brown-blonde, to deep-dark-- and that accomodates most people's coloring.  I find that black roots only work on people with naturally very dark hair and eyebrows...

But I don't mind the texture and 'voluminousness' on Taz-- but then, I like that sort of wild, choppy look.

Honored Contributor

I set my Raquel Welch wig (might have been Winner) out for a charity donation drive last week,  because I just could not get used to the feel of it on my head.  Too warm, too itchy, too self-conscious.  It's a shame because the color was flattering and I liked the style.  

Honored Contributor

rwwinelite_r1621s_2b_side_lg_x700.jpg

Oh, that's too bad, @tansy -- "Winner"s really a cute wig.  Nice layered short cut.  But good of you to donate-- someone will be thrilled with it, I'm sure!