Honored Contributor

Re: SHOOTING IN MY WALLMART...ALMOST THERE

@ID2wrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@Tinkrbl44wrote:

Wow.  Glad you're okay ...   but there's only one "L" in Walmart.   

@Tinkrbl44  Thank you. There are 2 “Ls” in bullet which is much more to the point of my post than spelling.

@Tinkrbl44  Huh??

@ID2  I try to ignore posts that pick on spelling or grammar when we’re discussing a much more serious topic. Some people just need to be noticed.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of links to controversial news stories

Valued Contributor

@Alison Wonderland Chrystaltree will probably tell you that since you weren't really involved in any incident, it really wasn't a close call at all. I was at the Hollywood-Ft. Lauderdale airport last January (2017) when the shooter killed several people at the next terminal, and the whole airport got in a panic and evacuated in total chaos. But it wasn't really a close call, because I personally wasn't involved. Right. It was a real learning experience for me.

Valued Contributor

@MorningLoverwrote:

LOWER MACUNGIE, Pa.

Suspect entered the store wearing a silicon mask and a wig.

Mask like that of Michael Myers from the 'Halloween' films, but

more realistic and lifelike.

Police say the suspect, a man in his 20s, walked around the store

for around 15 minutes loading up items in a cart.

A loss prevention officer spotted the man and noticed he

resembled another suspect in a recent Walmart theft in Schuylkill

County earlier in the month.

Loss prevention officer confronted the suspect who pulled out a

gun and then fled.

Pennsylvania State Police received the call and a trooper arrived at

the store two minutes later.

Suspect saw the trooper and left his full cart in the aisle. He then

attempted to leave the Walmart.

The trooper continued to yell at the suspect to stop.

As he made it to his van, the suspect fired a shot at the trooper.

The suspect then got in the vehicle and pointed the gun at the

trooper.

Trooper then fired several rounds at the s
uspect, striking him.

Suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://6abc.com/suspect-dead-in-police-involved-shooting-at-walmart-parking-lot/3277063/

Good news is he won't be robbing any more Walmarts. Glad the officer is OK.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Big Sister wrote:

There are so many "crazy" people out there now and I think it is simply because there are so many people on drugs, that scr*w up your mind.

Honestly, and this is 100% true, the vast majority of the most messed up people I've ever known have never done a drug, or even alcohol, in their lives.   I'd say that 99% of the people I've known (or known ABOUT) who are messed up, violent, and/or dangerous have never done drugs.  Some of those yes to alcohol, though.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbuttwrote:
@Big Sister wrote:

There are so many "crazy" people out there now and I think it is simply because there are so many people on drugs, that scr*w up your mind.

Honestly, and this is 100% true, the vast majority of the most messed up people I've ever known have never done a drug, or even alcohol, in their lives.   I'd say that 99% of the people I've known (or known ABOUT) who are messed up, violent, and/or dangerous have never done drugs.  Some of those yes to alcohol, though.  

@chickenbutt, this is why I love you. Heart You don't succumb to bumper sticker lines or pap ideas but actually think through an question or issue.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@GSPgirlwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

My heart’s still pounding from this recent episode...way too close for comfort! 

WallMart is about 5 minutes from home along w/ my Michael’s, Marshall’s, Barnes & Noble, etc. I frequent that strip center quite often & was on my way there yesterday when the shooting occurred. I had changed my mind last minute and took a left to check out DSW shoes. Thank God.

At the beginning of the week, my Nordstrom had a bomb scare and that store and the mall was cleared out.

Can we be safe anywhere?

That’s not the first shooting at our Walmart. What I don’t understand is why Southpoint mall wasn’t evacuated.  I go to that Nordstrom all the time. 

@GSPgirl. You live near me!!!! They evacuated Crabtree Mall last yr. or year before when gun shots were heard. ITA, Southpoint should have been cleared immediately!

Yes. And Crabtree made the national news.  I had to call my mom to tell her that my kids weren’t there.  That was a shooting a few weeks ago in front of the Barnes ans Noble there. 

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirlwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@GSPgirlwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

My heart’s still pounding from this recent episode...way too close for comfort! 

WallMart is about 5 minutes from home along w/ my Michael’s, Marshall’s, Barnes & Noble, etc. I frequent that strip center quite often & was on my way there yesterday when the shooting occurred. I had changed my mind last minute and took a left to check out DSW shoes. Thank God.

At the beginning of the week, my Nordstrom had a bomb scare and that store and the mall was cleared out.

Can we be safe anywhere?

That’s not the first shooting at our Walmart. What I don’t understand is why Southpoint mall wasn’t evacuated.  I go to that Nordstrom all the time. 

@GSPgirl. You live near me!!!! They evacuated Crabtree Mall last yr. or year before when gun shots were heard. ITA, Southpoint should have been cleared immediately!

Yes. And Crabtree made the national news.  I had to call my mom to tell her that my kids weren’t there.  That was a shooting a few weeks ago in front of the Barnes ans Noble there. 

@GSPgirl  It’s happening everywhere....shootings, bomb scares, etc. My Mom’s always calling me to check because she hears about pile ups on I 40 and is always fearful it could be me (only child syndrome).

Respected Contributor

Stuff going on everywhere, all  the time. I live in a decent neighborhood, but dread going anywhere because I am usually approached by a panhandler, and some of them are real scary.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.