Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOOTING IN MY WALLMART...ALMOST THERE

@LizzieInSRQwrote:

I'm over 50 and turning into a fuddy duddy. I dont go shopping after dark unless its urgent.

Glad you are ok.

I feel the same way. I didn't use to think twice about going out after dark, shopping or anything else. Now, I really don't like to go out alone at night.

Valued Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

@Shanus

Im glad you are alright and it looks like someone was watching over you....that is SCARY!!!! 

OK I got to say it....why do these incidents always happen at Walmart---never Target, TJ's, Marshall's, Kohl's, Dollar Store........(and these things existed way before all these mass shootings took place and it has nothing to do with the part of town they are located in, there are many Walmarts in real nice locations and neighborhoods).......

Yes, I googled shootings at Walmart to find out more about this incident, and it brought up so many that I didn't know which one this story referred to. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  You're safe. That is THE most important thing. Yes, it's scary to think about the "what if" but if you do that too much, you stop going places, doing things, etc.

There have always been scary things going on in the word; we just didn't aways HEAR about them. Don't hang out with me; I've had too many "almost there" events to count. Then again, when I talk to others, they too have many events they can list.

I look at my in-laws who remember coming up from their coal rooms in London after a long night of bombing to find all their houses....gone in their neighborhood. I look at a very close elderly friend who has her number tattooed on her arm. I look at the uncle of a little boy who is a friend of my sons; his uncle had his tongue and hand cut off in Sierra Leone so he couldn't/wound't name names. Awful stuff is everywhere. Always has, always will be. It's how we handle it in our OWN lives that matters so we can continue going forward with positivity. 

Hugs to you, Shanus. : )

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOWER MACUNGIE, Pa.

Suspect entered the store wearing a silicon mask and a wig.

Mask like that of Michael Myers from the 'Halloween' films, but

more realistic and lifelike.

Police say the suspect, a man in his 20s, walked around the store

for around 15 minutes loading up items in a cart.

A loss prevention officer spotted the man and noticed he

resembled another suspect in a recent Walmart theft in Schuylkill

County earlier in the month.

Loss prevention officer confronted the suspect who pulled out a

gun and then fled.

Pennsylvania State Police received the call and a trooper arrived at

the store two minutes later.

Suspect saw the trooper and left his full cart in the aisle. He then

attempted to leave the Walmart.

The trooper continued to yell at the suspect to stop.

As he made it to his van, the suspect fired a shot at the trooper.

The suspect then got in the vehicle and pointed the gun at the

trooper.

Trooper then fired several rounds at the s
uspect, striking him.

Suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://6abc.com/suspect-dead-in-police-involved-shooting-at-walmart-parking-lot/3277063/

Honored Contributor

@SahmIamwrote:

@Shanus  You're safe. That is THE most important thing. Yes, it's scary to think about the "what if" but if you do that too much, you stop going places, doing things, etc.

There have always been scary things going on in the word; we just didn't aways HEAR about them. Don't hang out with me; I've had too many "almost there" events to count. Then again, when I talk to others, they too have many events they can list.

I look at my in-laws who remember coming up from their coal rooms in London after a long night of bombing to find all their houses....gone in their neighborhood. I look at a very close elderly friend who has her number tattooed on her arm. I look at the uncle of a little boy who is a friend of my sons; his uncle had his tongue and hand cut off in Sierra Leone so he couldn't/wound't name names. Awful stuff is everywhere. Always has, always will be. It's how we handle it in our OWN lives that matters so we can continue going forward with positivity. 

Hugs to you, Shanus. : )

@SahmIam  💕

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I didn’t even know you owned that Walmart. Lol j/k! I’m glad you weren’t hurt. Stay safe. 🌸

Valued Contributor

@Shanus

Somebody UP THERE likes you!!  Wow, was a close call.  I'm happy you are okay,too.

No report card here. LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanuswrote:

My heart’s still pounding from this recent episode...way too close for comfort! 

WallMart is about 5 minutes from home along w/ my Michael’s, Marshall’s, Barnes & Noble, etc. I frequent that strip center quite often & was on my way there yesterday when the shooting occurred. I had changed my mind last minute and took a left to check out DSW shoes. Thank God.

At the beginning of the week, my Nordstrom had a bomb scare and that store and the mall was cleared out.

Can we be safe anywhere?

That’s not the first shooting at our Walmart. What I don’t understand is why Southpoint mall wasn’t evacuated.  I go to that Nordstrom all the time. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

Can we be safe anywhere?

No, unfortunately.  I doubt we can every go back to feeling safe.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Glad you’re OK.
Unfortunately, the world has never been perfectly safe. Back in the 1980s a classmate was murdered walking to school. Recently, there have been multiple shooting threats on my college campus, including the guy who was guilty of the San Bernardino shootings.