Honored Contributor

Re: SHOOTING AT CHURCH OUTSIDE OF SAN ANTONIO TEXAS

@Cakers3

This surely affects all Texans in your great state.  Senseless.   So many of us have had to deal with a terrible loss like this one, my heart goes out to you.

Honored Contributor

I will always offer thoughts and prayers for the victims.  It isn't meaningless; it is what *I* can do in the moment.

Whether I can take "action" and how after the tragedy is another issue.

What can *I* do?  Some of the injured have been transported to a nearby hospital.

Perhaps when the situation is stabilized *I* can do something for them.  I am sure that there will be fund raising and other ways to assist the victims.

As far as the issue of gun control, *I*, and only *I* can vote, raise my voice to my elected officials.

People think that those who offer prayers should be "flag wavers" immediately; it doesn't work that way.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

shooter identified as Devin Patrick Kelley.  In his 20s.  

Edited to correct spelling of shooter's last name. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From MSNBC, name of gunman is Devin Patrick Kelly (26) who is from a neighboring community.  Details to follow.

Honored Contributor

Here is a bit more about the church's families. There is a picture of the pastors daughter , also

From things said in the artice it sounds as if someone  had a score to settle with the church?  Who knows what goes on in a mind like that?  Just awful what anger and hatred will do

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5052163/Up-27-shot-Texas-church-gunman-opens-fire.html

Trusted Contributor

This will be like Sandy Hook and every one since up to the LV shooter to today, maybe we can call him the Second Church Shooter. We will all be shocked and surprised right up until the last victim is buried, then move on.

Sickening, huh?

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

From MSNBC, name of gunman is David Patrick Kelly who is from a neighboring community.  Details to follow.

I heard Devin P Kelly.  26 or 27 yo.

Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

From MSNBC, name of gunman is David Patrick Kelly who is from a neighboring community.  Details to follow.

I heard Devin P Kelly.  26 or 27 yo.

Yes, you heard right.  I did not.

Honored Contributor

You missunderstood my post, perhaps I wasn't clear.

It had nothing to do with the shooter and open carrying. What I hoped to relate was that why advertise to a potential shooter that he would meet no opp upon entering and shooting. What I meant was to, perhaps, deter him by informing him that he would meet opposition and his chance of a mass killing would be thwarted by those armed within.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it can be deemed political