Honored Contributor

Re: SHIPPING DELAYS: Why is anyone surprised?

I listened to all the warnings and mailed early.  My gifts are already at their destinations.  

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered almost all my gifts on line because of pandemic in October and early November. I had everything wrapped before Thanksgiving. 

I ordered 3 items last week, the ornaments are gifts but no biggie if they don’t arrive on time. I’ll save them for next year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ Pearley 

Well, now you've done that, so run along.

@Tinkrbl44. I shouldn't tell you what to post but you TELL ME to run along? How ridiculous...and hypocritical. 😄

@Pearlee 

Okay .....    Are you done now, or is there something else you want to complain about?

Respected Contributor

exactly common sense please!

Respected Contributor

I have received all my packages except one, and it will come when it comes.  My family & friends have all received their packages too. 

This has been a horrible year and I think delivery companies are doing their best.  I know that many shipping companies hire employees to get through the holiday season but the pandemic has made everything harder, my friend's son is working 7 days a week for Fed Ex, a recent college graduate, not being able to find a job and forced to move in with his parents, everyone's stressed.  Many people have lost their job, their homes, all of their savings, their lives, etc.  

I think I can "chill" if a package or two arrives late.

Respected Contributor

Glad I mailed early.  Mailed two packages priority mail on December 2.  One was local, arrived next day (perfect, but at least they have it). Second package, same thing, priority mail.  Mailed 12/2, PA to NC, arrived December 16.  Went PA to GA to NC, back to GA back to NC - 14 days.  Guess I’m grateful it actually arrived.  When I saw someone’s picture of USPS bins posted here this week, I’m just glad they made it!

Good luck everyone......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, we were all aware of shipping woes, my angst is when I order and then theTSV  is backordered or there is a delay in shipping...either they have the product or they don't have the product.

NO where when I placed my order for TSV socks or the recent TSV First Aid beauty product did it mention back order or any other issue...they gladly took my order!!  The socks are an add on to a gift, no big deal if I don't get it but it's the point...the socks TSV was weeks ago!

If QVC had shipped my orders and then the mail was slow, that I can undertand, the overselling is irritating.

edited to fix typos

Honored Contributor

Can't say I'm surprised, but I am pretty ticked off that things I ordered in July and August and September from QVC during holiday event programming, to be delivered in late November or early December have either not showed up (over a month late and just never sent and now sold out) have been delayed by weeks, etc. 

I refuse to believe that when we order months in advance, they can't get it right. QVC and it's vendors are famous for over selling, dropping orders all together, shipping late, not anticipating shipping issues later in the season and doing what they need to meet expected delivery times etc. 

I used to love ordering holiday foods and items months in advance to get good pricing, first choice and have the holiday things covered way in advance. 

But the last few years, QVC isn't getting it right, even when there was no Covid to use as an excuse. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered something on QVC lunchtime specials on 12/15.  It shipped on 12/16, and it arrived today 12/18.  Already washed, dried and hanging in the closet.

I ordered some yarn from a place in Wisconsin (I'm in NYC) on 12/16. 

It shipped on 12/17 (got a note that there was a snow storm delay) and it's due here in NYC on 12/23.  I'm not in any rush.

Honored Contributor

8:52 PM - a delivery van just went down our street. I have no idea how they can see the house numbers at this time of night. But they are still out there working.