Trusted Contributor

Re: SHARE YOUR PASSION WITH US...

Photography...I have to have a creative outlet. I also like to paint.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flatbush  Neat about the doggies! I love them, too! (And horses!)

For me, I definitely have an artistic bent: music (playing, teaching & arranging), writing, art, sewing, gardening, being out in nature ~ this list is a long one, really.

@on the bay - That's me, too, with knowing the dog's names in the neighborhood before I ever learn the people's!

Esteemed Contributor

Music....I didn't really fall in love with music until I was in college.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

Puzzles. Crossword, Japanese number, anagram and so on. It's an addiction made worse by being retired.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All animals. Currently cats and horses.  Avid birdwatcher too. 

Nature, love being outdoors!

Forgot to add...a really nice cup of coffee.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @Flatbush  for this interesting topic.

I still have many passions: my work in makeup, my family and granddaughters, Molly my beagle, still being able to exercise at the gym and do my walking around town, reading, keeping a journal since high school and of course painting in my studio. 

I enjoy shopping, but not a passion as much as we near retirement. We're always trying to donate instead of purchase.

I'm most passionate about good health and healthy eating to stay that way and enjoy my passions for as long as possible.

Honored Contributor

That's an interesting question. I think it's my family. At one time, I would have said my career. But I retired in April and I haven't filled that void where my career lived. I'm figuring that out. I do indeed love reading. That's been a love since I was 3 years old. But my passion now is my family, especially my grandchildren. The 9 year old (my great niece), my grandchildren ages 5 and 1 are the loves of my life. Now that I'm not stressed and frazzled from work; I'm enjoying quality time with them.  

Honored Contributor

Writing. I published my first book this month that was started over a decade ago. It was the most emotional, passionate experience of my life to bring a dream that was always treated as a hobby to hopefully now a profession/side hustle. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

Do you have a strong passion in life? Something positive that you feel and brings you enjoyment?

For me it has been since childhood, a love of Dogs.

When I was a child, I went to pet  a strange Dog and it went to bite me.

My Mother scolded and warned me never to do it again, but I didn't care. and continued. I have adopted Dogs, mostly in multiples, all through my adult life and loved all of them.

So, do/did you have a special hobby, interest, sport etc, that has sustained you and  brought you joy?

@Flatbush 

Yes, several.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Ballroom dancing was my passion; I did competitive, exhibition & taught it. Due to the aging process I can’t do it to the extent I did before but enjoy teaching it to the next generation of dancers. I’ve enjoyed all forms of dance & started at age 2.

My second is travel.