Regular Contributor

Re: SHARE YOUR PASSION WITH US...

Love of animals, especially cats.  At one point I had 14 and now have 10.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@SloopJohnB Thank you! I'm only starting out so no appearance but maybe some day... Smiley Very Happy It's exclusive to Amazon for now so if you read romance, you may run across it at some point. 💜

@Laura14  Brava to you!  But I have to admit, I put a @ with your name as @deepwaterdotter was trying to get your attention, so I put the notification.  But I do send big congrats to you!  📚💙

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

My passion is Animal Rescue!  I am a volunteer at my local SPCA,  I have been volunteering there almost 4 years.  Being I am retired, I am blessed to help with animal transports.  I drive the SPCA van and bring back cats/dogs from high risk shelters where these cats/dogs are at risk of being euthanized. The goal is to make Virginia a No Kill State by 2025.  To accomplish this goal all rescues and shelters work together to save the lives of cats/dogs.  Some of the events I assisted with this year were the Animal Rescue Festival and the Fur Ball.  Another fun event I assisted with in the summer was Compassionate Care Camp for the children.  There were 2 sessions each day for 6-9 year olds or 10-13 year olds.  The children learned about cats and dogs and did different activites.  Of course there are the daily actviities of feeding the animals, and cleaning-kennels, dishes and laundry.   Also some major transports were beagles saved from the Envigo facility and dogs/cats saved from Puerto Rico and Florida.  Does my heart good helping save the lives of these beautiful cats and dogs!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My passion is small animals especially guinea pigs.  I am a huge lover of all rodents.  I have transported them from shelters, hoarding situations and those abandoned on the street to rescues where they could be cared for and then hopefully be adopted.  

I have had rats, hamsters, and guinea pigs in my life for over 40 years.  Rodents are truly one of the most abused and neglected of all the small  animals in the world.   My very first rat was abandoned in an empty apartment.  She was brought into the veterinary clinic where I was working.  I just fell in love with her and that started my life-long love of anything rodent.  

At the present time I have four little guinea pig girls who are the love of my life.  I know to most people rodents are just considered disposable pets but once you see how loving they can be and how they respond to kindness your mindset will completely change.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@SloopJohnB Thank you! I'm only starting out so no appearance but maybe some day... Smiley Very Happy It's exclusive to Amazon for now so if you read romance, you may run across it at some point. 💜

@Laura14  Brava to you!  But I have to admit, I put a @ with your name as @deepwaterdotter was trying to get your attention, so I put the notification.  But I do send big congrats to you!  📚💙

@deepwaterdotter @SloopJohnB My apologies! Trying to do too many things at once. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter @SloopJohnB My apologies! Trying to do too many things at once. Smiley Sad

@Laura14 Well no apologies to me needed!  🤗.    Just wanted to make sure @deepwaterdotter  was kept in the loop.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

Wildlife photography.  I love the outdoors and nature and spend most of my days hiking in various parks.  There’s no place I’d rather be.