Trusted Contributor

Re: SHARE YOUR BEST TIPS AND TRICKS HERE

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Put straight 70% rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle and use that to disinfect things around the house...countertops, toilet seats...anything that doesn't get damaged by the alcohol. Spray it on fabrics, too.

Use the spray to wipe down the inside of your freezer...it won't freeze as you wipe and you can clean the inside fairly well. Do the fridge while you're at it.

I agree but I made The mistake of spraying on .my front door metal handle. It turn the bronze color.  I stopped and went back to Lysol for that area.

but I bought a misting bottle from amazon.  The mist comes out finer than a normal spray bottle. As you I use it to mist around the house and mist my body after showing when I have gone outside.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

This product has been around for a long time but maybe some of you are not familiar with it.

It does a great job of taking scratches off of anything made of wood.

I always keep it on hand.

Tibet Almond Stick Scratch Remover 2 Pack

I just like the way it looks!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

In your closets...use an old candle and rub it across the top of the clothes rod and that will make it easier to slide your hangers over the rod.

Use the same candle to rub on parts of sticky entry doors and furniture drawers.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

In your closets...use an old candle and rub it across the top of the clothes rod and that will make it easier to slide your hangers over the rod.

Use the same candle to rub on parts of sticky entry doors and furniture drawers.

@SilleeMee 

Good idea!    Thanks!

Super Contributor

great thread! Can't think of anything to add but thanks for the tips!

and for the thread @Tinkrbl44!

👍

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   This is a really helpful topic.  Thank you for creating it.

When you want to fill a pastry bag with icing open it and stand up in a glass making a "cuff" to fold around the opening to hold it steady.

To keep celery fresh longer in your refrigerator wrap completely in aluminum foil.

When your eyes are itchy or tired, take freshly brewed black tea bags that you have let cool completely and place on your closed eyes for several minutes.

Pour a pitcher of boiling water down your kitchen drain a couple of times a month to help liquify the grease and ease it out of your pipes.

Asian bamboo steamers are a great way to store onions or potatoes attractively but still allow air to circulate around them.

Onions and potatoes should never be stored near each other.  They spoil more quickly when  in close proximity.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Also use that same candle on sticky zippers on clothing, handbags or anything with a zipper.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Produce bags at the store can be opened easily if you place the top of the bag between your palms and rub your hands together. That will open up the bag.

@SilleeMee , not the ones they have at Meijers.  LOL  I don't know what those bags are they have in that store but I am not kidding you when I say I stood in that store a few weeks ago rubbing that bag between my hands for I cannot tell you how long and it would not open. The plastic is so thin and cheap, it won't come apart.  I ended up putting hand sanitizer on, licking my finger (yes it was gross) and peeling the bag apart at the top.  It was ridiculous.  

Honored Contributor

I learned this from Martha Stewart:

After you use your blender, to clean it put some dish soap and water in the jar, put the lid on and turn the blender on for a little bit.  Just rinse it out and everything is clean.  Easy peasy.   

Respected Contributor

@Mersha 

Do you think that would work on my stair banister? One of my cats likes to jump up on the (narrow) banister and has left a ton of scratches on it. Haven't seen him do this lately so I think he's a bit too fat to try now!