Honored Contributor

SHARE YOUR BEST TIPS AND TRICKS HERE

Okay, nothing controversial in this thread.  I just thought it would be fun to see what everyone contributes here.

Mine:  

Frozen food spoilage danger ....  If you have a lot of power outages in your area, or are going on vacation, here's how to be sure all your frozen food didn't thaw, spoil and re-freeze while you were gone ...

Place a bunch of ice cubes in a metal (or whatever) mixing bowl and leave in the freezer.  If you come home and find lots of ice cubes, everything is okay.  If you find a bowl with a thawed and re-frozen large chunk of ice, there's a problem, and you can do what you need to do with the contents.

What's the tip or trick you'd like to share ... ?   Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: SHARE YOUR BEST TIPS AND TRICKS HERE

'"don't eat yellow snow." a favorite of my husbands' who has passed.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have a heavily stained stainless steel coffee carafe, put a whole dishwasher tablet in the carafe, fill with  boiling water and let sit for 30 min...  pour out, clean with liquid soap.. and wha la!!...

Once a month I do mine with a little dishwashing powder/boiling water.. and liquid soap after..  our carafe stays fresh and no build up from the coffee residue..

Nice thread @Tinkrbl44 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I like rock sea salt & peppercorns on my Porterhouse & Rib-Eyes. 

I grind enough sea salt & peppercorns to fill an empty 4.5 oz McCormmicks shaker so I won't have to use the grinder everytime I hook up my steaks.

I do not use my electric stove (don't know how to cook on one).  I store the pots & pans in the oven section.

I have marble covers over the burners whicih gives me loads of counter space.

I use long sleeved BBQ 5 fingered gloves as potholders.  Got tired of burning my wrist & arms entering & removing items from my countertop convection oven.  Best invention EVEAAAAAA!!!!!!

I line all my baking pans w/heavy duty aluminum foil & spray same w/Pam weither it needs it or not.  Easy to no cleanup.

If wearing gloves when I am out & about, I use hand sanitzer on the gloves.

If I use hand sanitzer on my bare hands, I always use lotion right afterwards to avoid dryness.

I live in N.J. so I keep inside my car the following.....

Gloves

Masks

Face shield

Hand sanitizer(s)

Lotion(s)

Clorox wipes

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Round containers for storing in the refrigerator are a big NO.  Instead use square containers.  Round containers take up useable space.   I buy my square glass containers with snap tops at OXO.

Toaster Oven - Line your pan with aluminum foil before you use it.  Your pan stays clean and it's easy clean up.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I used bleach cleanser to clean out the iced tea container we use in the fridge, Iet it sit for a day, with he cleaner and water, and then filled a bowl and then the top sit and then ran it through the dishwasher, its now spotless, lets see for how long.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

OFF TOPIC.gif

@Katcat1  OXO is DA BOMB!!!!  Everytime I am in BBB, I have to wear blinders.  I was there yesterday & my feet wanted to take me to the OXO section.  Glad my mind FORCED my feet to walk in the opposite direction.

Ok, back to your regular station....

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac j   Visit their website.  They ship for free after $19 if I remember correctly.  I purchased really great brushes for cleaning your sink stoppers, etc.  Love their website.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

This is a trick I discovered recently while grocery shopping.    My grocery store has very thin plastic bags on rolls spaced around the produce department to take and put your produce in if you so desire.  Whenever I would rip a bag off the roll I would fight to get the bag open. 

I usually take a sticky note with me to the grocery store with my grocery list on it and by happenstance while trying to open a produce bag, the sticky note stuck to the outside of the produce bag and when I pulled it off the bag it pulled it open.  So now every time I get a produce bag off the roll I stick my sticky note to the outside of the bag near the top and when I pull it off, it opens up without fighting it. 😁 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I pour white vinegar in a squirt bottle, I have hard water and it's easy to squirt the vinegar on faucets etc.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan