Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHALL WE TALK ABOUT Q TIPS?

@occasionalrain wrote:

I like Q Tips and so did my cat. He kept them beside his bowl of kibble.  After eating, he would chew on the cotton tip to clean his teeth.

I use them to clean tiny grooves in things and the peep hole in my front door.

@occasionalrain ...The first thing that came to my mind about your cat was..."He is part human."  Any cat that cleans his teeth with a Q-Tip after eating, well, what else can one think? Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

My wife always tells me when I shop .I want Q tip brand. Not store brand. There was an episode of the Golden girls where Sophia tells Dorothy  that she wants really Q tips .she allso tells her.if I'm go to put a stick in my ear I want some cotton on it.lol.   reading this post made think of the golden girls.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like the fuzzy ones.  The non fuzzy's work best to remove and fix makeup.  I don't put qtips in my ears.  I'm a huge buyer of the non fuzzy qtips.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I use Debrox to clean my ears. Qtips I use to clean up the edges of my nail polish.

@Porcelain 

My dad, who had an abundance of earwax, always swore by Debrox. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Very interesting! When I first saw the title, I thought it was tips about shopping at the Q! I'm moving slow this morning. 

@GenXmuse ...Oh, thank you so much for your response, it gave me my first laugh of the day. Woman LOL

@Lindsays Grandma 

That's exactly what I thought, too!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

My wife always tells me when I shop .I want Q tip brand. Not store brand. There was an episode of the Golden girls where Sophia tells Dorothy  that she wants really Q tips .she allso tells her.if I'm go to put a stick in my ear I want some cotton on it.lol.   reading this post made think of the golden girls.

My dad had a store brand Qtip come apart in his ear.  Mom couldn't get the cotton out, even with a tweezers and he ended up in the emergency room.  So if you're going to use the Qtips in your ears, I strongly recommend sticking with the name brand.

Respected Contributor

Well shoesnbags. If the er trip didn't get him to be a strict q tip user than nothing would. He was a smart man.

Honored Contributor

We've used the Q-Tips for kids that have the large swab at the end--ever since we've had grandkids.

They stop before you get in your ear canal and just dry the inside of your ear.

There was no sense having both kinds.