Esteemed Contributor

So the QVC2 big deal today is the Susan Graver liquid knit skort, A305133, for $27.24.  This exact item was the QVC TSV on April 1, 2018, for $39.92.  I know because I bought two of them at that price.

So over a year later, the exact same item is sold for $12.68 less.   These are the exact same prints.  So I am wondering if this is a new batch of these skorts, or it is what they had left over.  Either way, I am a bit bothered by it.

You know they are still making a profit at the $27.24, which is fine of course.  But at $39.92, that does not seem to be much of a "value" anymore.  This is one more reason on my list to slow down my purchases at QVC.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I noticed that too.  I love wearing skorts in the summer to work (we can also wear shorts), but I had to pass on this one because I have to wear a badge and there are no pockets or a place to attach the badge to.  I hate garments without pockets.

Respected Contributor

My guess is that these are left overs and returns.  I love skorts but passed on these last year because the patterns don't line up at the seams.  Drives me nuts and I don't buy anything like that.

Honored Contributor

They are probably what is left in inventory and QVC is trying to get rid of them.  I have noticed a number of times that the Q2 Big Deal is a former main channel TSV at a better price.  Many times sizes and colors are very limited. Some are even sold out before the first airing of the big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

They are probably what is left in inventory and QVC is trying to get rid of them.  I have noticed a number of times that the Q2 Big Deal is a former main channel TSV at a better price.  Many times sizes and colors are very limited. Some are even sold out before the first airing of the big deal.

@Lipstickdiva I suppose that is the case here.  Still, you would think they have a fair number of them to push them as a Big Deal.  I would also have thought that the Big Deals would get enough attention and sales traffic that it would be something brand new for their customers, and not a leftover TSV.  I wonder how the Q2 sales compare to the QVC sales.  Maybe Q2 is a small fraction of QVC.  Thank you for your response.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

I am currently watching SG on Q2, a rerun of a previous presentation.  Can anyone reign her in?!!!  She is talking over the host,  talking way too fast, dancing the limbo, and acting like she thinks she's a teenager.  I can't watch any longer.

Valued Contributor

I have noticed that most lts & primetime specials are very old inventory. I read the reviews & some date back to 2015! I steer clear.

Honored Contributor

for anyone interested in this skort, it is so comfortable and cool.

this is a GREAT price! i am even thinking of picking up another one.

i purchased it last year......i got two, my 20 something daughter got two.

she thinks it is a great option for work, without revealing you are wearing a short.

it is definitely a piece that can be worn casually, for business, or a bit dressed up.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I bought one of those skorts after it was a TSV on the Q a year ago as an “as is” return. I usually don’t buy “as is” but I figure the liquid knit is pretty safe since for me it is pretty much indestructible.  I really like it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@buddysgirl wrote:

I am currently watching SG on Q2, a rerun of a previous presentation.  Can anyone reign her in?!!!  She is talking over the host,  talking way too fast, dancing the limbo, and acting like she thinks she's a teenager.  I can't watch any longer.

@buddysgirl That would be a "NO".  No one can reign her in.  She is who she is and she is not going to change.  I am thinking that hyped up selling style is working because she sells a lot.  I like her clothes, but I have plenty and am not looking to buy more anytime soon.  I do get very tired of her sales pitches and saying the same things over and over and over again.