Respected Contributor

Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, mountain, outdoor and nature

Trusted Contributor

Re: SERIOUSLY ?????A new fire!

Not an informative post, IMO. Show a foto, note "new" fire in the title and nothing about where you are referring.  I don't need latitude and longitude, but if you're supplying s picture, how about mentioning WHERE??

Respected Contributor

Sierras    California

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 Oh no!  Is this the end of the world?

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

I also read there are raging fires happening in the state of Montana as well.  Many acres being destroyed.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If one looks at the map on Cal Fire's website, they can see all of the active fires.

Even where I live, we have been affected by all of the lightning caused fires, by having thick, smoke-filled air since at least Friday.

Even the birds haven't been flying or calling.

It's that bad.

You can smell the smoke in the air, as well as see it.

The smell of smoke is in your home and in your clothes.

My eyes have been burning and stinging from it, and it has been giving me mild headaches.

The weather forecast says that there is a 20% chance of thunder showers on Wednesday.

I welcome the showers to help cool the fires, and to clean the air, but worry that if there are thunderstorms, that lightning will start more fires.

No, I don't think that it's the end of the world, it's the nature of things.

A lot of rain in winter produces lots of foliage, which when dried out because of seasons changing, provides fuel for fires.

Honored Contributor

You know how smoke rises? Well, it's up here in Colorado right now. All of the smoke from the fires burning to the west and northwest of us is here. I can smell it, too. Woman Tongue It's unreal. They've already issued an air-quality warning for today and maybe for next few days to come. Lovely.