Occasional Contributor

Re: SELLING OUT OF WARRANTY KITCHEN AID MIXERS

The customer service rep said they can't be responsible for how long a second party vendor holds their inventory. The customer service person I talked to didn't even listen to what I was saying, just kept talking over me.

I finally got sent to a person above this person and they are checking my date of purchase and looking into helping me.

QVC should of stepped up and handled this whole thing. They pride themselves on customer service, yet didn't step up. Very very disappointed with QVC.

Honored Contributor

Any of this sound familiar? Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

let this be a lesson to all......NEVER wait 2.5 months to open an electronic device, unless it is a gift and has an extended return period.

i have no doubt that both qvc and/or" kitchenaid will honor that warranty that is clearly stated on their website.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Pookoz wrote:

The customer service rep said they can't be responsible for how long a second party vendor holds their inventory. The customer service person I talked to didn't even listen to what I was saying, just kept talking over me.

I finally got sent to a person above this person and they are checking my date of purchase and looking into helping me.

QVC should of stepped up and handled this whole thing. They pride themselves on customer service, yet didn't step up. Very very disappointed with QVC.

QVC said they would exchange it - for a new one.  What do you want them to do?  Just send you a new one and let you keep the old one?  What?

Honored Contributor

Some family members and I purchased a KA mixer for my sister for Christmas one year at Macy’s.  Around Thanksgiving time  the mixer stopped working. It was almost a year old.

I called KA and they sent a new mixer to her and also an empty box with postage already on it for her to send the broken one back.  We had no problem at all.  

Maybe you talked to a new rep at KA who gave wrong information.  Something doesn’t seem right.

Respected Contributor

Your other option - if you are now suddenly in a hurry to have a functioning KA is to either reorder it from the Q - and then send the defective one back for a full refund (including return shipping) OR go out and buy one somewhere and then return the defective one  to the Q.

I really don't see this as a major problem.

Honored Contributor

I cannot help wondering, since they've been making more and more KA products, for sale at QVC, in China, if there is a different warranty structure for these than for the ones made in the USA and sold elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

My mixer was a wedding gift to my Mother in 1943 - 74 years old! When it was leaking oil out my DH chose to repair it himself and he wrote to KA to see about buying some gaskets - they sent them to us in the mail immediately - no charge. They also asked if we would consider selling it or trading it for a new one but we said no. We told them we would leave it to their museum in our will.With all the problems ladies here write about the new ones -- I'd never trade the 74 year old one that still operates perfectly.It will be 75 on Jan 30th. KA sent me a decal for on the side that commemorates it going to be 75 yr old.

Respected Contributor

I have a 30 year old KA that has never had a problem  Love KA!

Honored Contributor

My KA is close to 40  years old and in perfect running order.  It does have a few scratches on it though.

i don’t think the new ones are made the same way.  I want a new color, but I’ll stick with my almond one. They don’t even make that color anymore.  When a I got mine, they were only made in white and almond.  I chose the more modern color.