Occasional Contributor

SELLING OUT OF WARRANTY KITCHEN AID MIXERS

Hi Friends,

Been a QVC member forever. I purchased a brand new KitchenAid Stand Mixer on September 13. I was moving so did not open until tis weekend. Turned it on ad it sounds like a jet engine taking off. I contacted KitchenAid and they informed me IT IS OUT OF WARRENTY!!!!! I just purchased it!!! 

I am very disappointed that QVC is selling OUT OF WARRNTY items!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: SELLING OUT OF WARRANTY KITCHEN AID MIXERS

it has a one year warranty......and you have the proof of purchase. here is a copy of the warranty.

https://www.kitchenaid.com/digitalassets/KSM150PSER/Warranty_EN.pdf

perhaps someone in qvc customer service can help you? the customer care forum is a great place to take care of these types of problems, but you can also tag the mods for help.

@Beth-QVC@Melvin-QVC@Alice-QVC

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The warranty doesn't begin until it is purchased - then you have 12 months. I'd call customer service at QVC - I'm sure they can straighten this out.

Respected Contributor

I would contact the Corporate office at Kitchen Aid. If you can get their email address and I would video the mixer when it is on and send it to the Corporate Office. This is wrong that you buy such a high end product and in less than two months it is out of warranty. Something is wrong here!!!!!!
Occasional Contributor

Actually it doesn't. I have talked to Kitchen Aid and they go by date manufactured.

Honored Contributor

@Pookoz wrote:

Hi Friends,

Been a QVC member forever. I purchased a brand new KitchenAid Stand Mixer on September 13. I was moving so did not open until tis weekend. Turned it on ad it sounds like a jet engine taking off. I contacted KitchenAid and they informed me IT IS OUT OF WARRENTY!!!!! I just purchased it!!! 

I am very disappointed that QVC is selling OUT OF WARRNTY items!! 

@Pookoz

Whoa ... that sounds awful

Next time, to make it  easier, post your "problems" in the Customer Care section ... it's to your left, at the bottom.   Hope you get this sorted out.

Occasional Contributor

I contacted QVC first. They said they can exchange it but They have to ship me labels, I have to lug it to a mail office, return it, wait for processing then they will ship another but this whole proccesswill take 3+ weeks. I have classes scheduled next week and this would put me at getting the mixer after Christmas.

NOT COOL!

Honored Contributor

from the kitcheaid website and their warranty that i posted in another reply:

Length of
Warranty:
50 United States, the
District of Columbia,
Canada, and Puerto
Rico:
One-year limited
warranty from date
of purchase.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pookoz wrote:

Actually it doesn't. I have talked to Kitchen Aid and they go by date manufactured.

@Pookoz

Try shooting a email to the Mods,

QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com

hth!💕💕💕

Respected Contributor

@Pookoz wrote:

I contacted QVC first. They said they can exchange it but They have to ship me labels, I have to lug it to a mail office, return it, wait for processing then they will ship another but this whole proccesswill take 3+ weeks. I have classes scheduled next week and this would put me at getting the mixer after Christmas.

NOT COOL!

Well what would you have to do if KA honored the warranty?  Would they just send you a new one and let you keep the old one - OR would you have to send it to them for potential repair/replacement?

Not sure how you are being inconvenienced more by returning to QVC