QVC Customer Care

Re: SELLING OUT OF WARRANTY KITCHEN AID MIXERS

@Pookoz

I would be happy to assist you on this...would you please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com addressed to me. Please provide a phone number where I can contact you directly to resolve this ASAP.

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Pookoz: I have recently replaced my KitchenAid counter blender thru KitchenAid. QVC in my experience does sell dated electronics, thus lower cost. I mentioned to KitchenAid the price QVC was selling blenders at they asked me for the serial #. Of course I didn't have this as I didn't buy one thru QVC.

But, yes, QVC sells dated "stuff'. The good news is KitchenAid blenders, in my experience, 20 years with one blender, last a long tme. KitchenAid did have a Black Friday sale on the diamond blender and are offering now a $30 rebate on blender, & some other counter top appliances.

Dated as in last years model?  Doesn't matter, warranties start from the date of purchase.

As far as I can tell from the OP she went way past the 30 return from QVC

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

My KA is close to 40  years old and in perfect running order.  It does have a few scratches on it though.

i don’t think the new ones are made the same way.  I want a new color, but I’ll stick with my almond one. They don’t even make that color anymore.  When a I got mine, they were only made in white and almond.  I chose the more modern color.

@Carmie

We must have the same almond mixer!Smiley Happy Mine still runs great too. I've looked at some of the newer ones thinking I'd get a new color but they're not nearly as well made as the one we have.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

Slightly off topic and talking about quality: Whose idea was it to phase out sturdy rubber bumpers on many cars?   Instead, the 'bumper' is either a matching plastic section or the same metal material as the car itself.  So expensive to remove the entire section and replace.  Bring back sturdy rubber bumpers!   There, I said it, lol.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pookoz wrote:

I contacted QVC first. They said they can exchange it but They have to ship me labels, I have to lug it to a mail office, return it, wait for processing then they will ship another but this whole proccesswill take 3+ weeks. I have classes scheduled next week and this would put me at getting the mixer after Christmas.

NOT COOL!

@Pookoz. You don't have to lug it anywhere.  Go to the USPS website and request a pick up.  They'll come and get it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

I do know I have a 40+ year old one at the cabin and it still works like a charm.

My now broen one was only 2 yrs old when gear knob broke off, which isnit replaceable per KA, then 4 yrs old it started stripping gears to the point it is a guessing game as to which speed it will start at.

So I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new one ony to get this one sounding like a jet engine taking off. Something has sure changed with KA products and quality.

Occasional Contributor

I have that same one at the cabin, runs like a charm. New ones are just nt the same!!!! 

Honored Contributor

I think a 1-year warranty is not much on an item that expensive.  My daughter bought a KA mixer at a garage sale about 5 years ago.  When she plugged it in it did not work and KA replaced it.  I guess there policies have changed.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

MAkes no sense to me, and not the Kitchen Aid that I know.  Long after mine was out of warranty I had a problem and they sent me a replacement part.  More recently a piece from my food processor was attacked by my disposal.  They sent A replacement part, once again at no charge.  Warranties start at date of purchase.  There are state laws that address this.