Frequent Contributor

SELF-TANNING...ENTIRE BODY OR JUST ARMS AND LEGS?

I’ve been self tanning my arms and legs only but I look like a panda bear with my white stomach. I’m wondering....do you self tan your entire body or just do your arms and legs?
Honored Contributor

Re: SELF-TANNING...ENTIRE BODY OR JUST ARMS AND LEGS?

The very few times I did it, I only used it on the parts of my body that were visible when wearing clothing. 

If I were to go to one of those spray tanning booths, then I'd opt for an entire body spray.

Frequent Contributor

I self tan all year and I only do the parts of my body that are visible without clothes, so yes, arms, legs and chest! If I am going to the beach or to the pool, I will do the rest of my body so it will not look ridiculous LOL!

Trusted Contributor

No, the only parts I self tan are what’s going to be seen, and as I get older that’s less and less🙄 in fact, if we have rainy or cool weather I don’t even bother at all or maybe just my chest and arms...I’ve been wearing jeans a lot during summer the last few years when I’m out and about.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

When I used to self-tan, I only did my legs...and just enough to cut the white glare, lol!

My arms have always been shades darker than my legs. Don't know why, because I'm rarely in the sun and when I am I don't go sleeveless. But I never bothered with tanning them.

Honored Contributor

When I used a self tanner, it was just my legs but, is it just me or does all self tanners 'wear off' oddly one the skin....

I end up with patches of color (tanner) and then patches of no color after several days

I quit using anything because of the odd way it wears off.

Recommendations of a tanner that does not wear off oddly is welcome!

My legs look like to white sticks...I am pretty pale.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

entire body usually.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I gave up on self tanning, but when i did it on my chest, I had vitrually no results, arms legs would tan, but for some reason chest area never did. 

Honored Contributor

The only tan I get is from the sun on my arms, chest, and tops of my feet when gardening, brown as a bear in those places, white as snow on the rest, lol.

Super Contributor

I no longer self tan but I only tanned visible areas. Arms, legs, neck, and chest. I wear my hair up most of the summer so I tanned the front and back of my neck.