Honored Contributor

Re: SECURITY CAMERA OVER WOMENS' FITTING ROOM?

@colliemom4

Just as interesting was the list of retailers who refused to comment!   Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow

Worth a peek? That, as said: "is in the eyes of the beholder". I'm an old/now once again physically fit/low body fat and still with some muscle definition, man. 

I have no problem looking at my body, but I am biased of course. My wife says "you are too skinny", but I  go by how I feel. Look your own risk.       =^..^=

hckynut(john)

Thanks for your permission!!!

Eye-Popping-red_hot_riding_hood_wolf_eyes_pop-113810.gif

LOLOL

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

At the grocery store if you see someone stuffing packages of meat under their coat and you tell an employee, they will do nothing about it.  They won't stop the person, approach him or her and will just let them walk out with the stolen merchandise. That is company policy.  They could be lifting it right in front of the store manager too.  I wonder if that is the same in a clothing store or department store.  Something about being sued if something goes terribly wrong.  

@truffle, that is not true at the market where I shop. They are very attuned to shoplifting and will call the police when it happens.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

At the grocery store if you see someone stuffing packages of meat under their coat and you tell an employee, they will do nothing about it.  They won't stop the person, approach him or her and will just let them walk out with the stolen merchandise. That is company policy.  They could be lifting it right in front of the store manager too.  I wonder if that is the same in a clothing store or department store.  Something about being sued if something goes terribly wrong.  

@truffle, that is not true at the market where I shop. They are very attuned to shoplifting and will call the police when it happens.

@suzyQ3

But can they physically touch them to stop them from leaving the store?

At my retail store, they were very attuned to shoplifters too, but we couldn't physically touch them to stop them.

And my store too would call the police.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@suzyQ3

But can they physically touch them to stop them from leaving the store?

At my retail store, they were very attuned to shoplifters too, but we couldn't physically touch them to stop them.

And my store too would call the police.

@Plaid Pants2, I doubt that they could or would touch them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Peeping Tom?  You can't be serious.  It's a store security camera and they are all over the store.  I sincerely doubt that they actually have them scanning the individual dressing rooms but they can, if there is a need to investigate something suspicious.  I'm sure if you quietly asked the, they'd have explained everything to you.  It could also b a dummy camera put there as a deterrant but I really doubt that.  I've never stripped naked when I'm trying on clothes, I'm more covered in a dressing room than I am in a bathing suit on the beach.

Respected Contributor

i stopped into macys a year or so ago. i parked and then noticed a sturdy, compact female using force against the exterior wall, by some shrubs. odd.   as i walked closer i could see she was actually holding another female by the arms and her body. the security woman had a bluetooth phone telling whomever to get there quickly as she was getting exhausted holding the woman against the wall.

i knew she was security later, because  i noticed her walking with some suits in the store.

and the overhead camera, yes, i have seen that in the fitting room at Wally World. it's clearly visible. nice huh. never used their fitting rooms after seeing that.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 This is disturbing....because of the inappropriate actions of a minute percentage of the population, the rest of us are subjected to a veiled investigation.  At least, a sign should be placed in dressing rooms so the shopper can make an informed decision to take clothes home to try on rather than choosing to be viewed on camera undressed.

Honored Contributor

TJ Maxx has a good system. They give you a number representing the number of clothing items you are trying on. And when you leave that number better be the same as it was going in or you're in big trouble. Simple.

Trusted Contributor

Well, something does not seem right. While some posters decried the use of cameras in DR (I too agree) others replied that their stores did nothing to deter the theft due to fears of litigation???What??? Then, why have cameras in dressing rooms? If you are not going to deter the theft by stopping it due to fear of being sued, what is the purpose of watching someone steal said items? Something does not add up in my mind.