Respected Contributor

Re: SECURITY CAMERA OVER WOMENS' FITTING ROOM?

This is absolutely disgusting.  As I was reading the post and comments, it just occurred to me that young girls and teenagers would also be using those dressing rooms, so this is very disturbing and needs to be reported to the store manager, the corporate office, and possibly the police.  Don't think for a minute that this would only be observed by a female worker, it could be accessed by any Tom, ******, or Harry that works for that store, and possible by pedophiles!

Report what you saw immediately - I don't care if it's a dummy camera or not, I've heard of times where employees put small cameras inside the women's stalls in bathrooms, it even happened at a brand new Starbucks location in the next town over.   

They need to find another way to deter shoplifting - staring at half-dressed women and children is not the solution!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I ALWAYS look up at the ceiling in dressing rooms, just to make sure there is no camera there.

I would not shop anywhere there is even "dummy" cameras, because you have no way of knowing if they are lying or not.

No way no how.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

In this era of entitlement, where are us citizens not being watched? Cameras on every corner/most people with a photo-video taking cell phone and on and on.

There are even questions about the integrity of the security in our country. I understand completely all females points of view when it comes to @Tinkrbl44 reason for this thread. As for this old man? I ain't stealing anything, but if they feel the need to watch? Be my guest.

Just for assurance, ladies, I understand your concern, I'm with you.

hckynut(john)

@hckynutAre you worth a peek? If so, let me know the next time you go shopping! 

10606598_10201991870627752_739248253179540124_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not trading my dignity for the privilege of trying on over priced rags in a department store.   Good to know.

I live in Alabama so I'm relatively safe.

And just because I may travel under a traffic cam or work under a camera at my place of employment  doesn't give anyone the right to look at women & children in a changing room

Just like the recent fiasco over who uses what restroom, my opinion is this.   Don't use bathrooms or changing rooms if you are offended.  As far as I 'm concerned, they all can be shut down.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow

Worth a peek? That, as said: "is in the eyes of the beholder". I'm an old/now once again physically fit/low body fat and still with some muscle definition, man. 

I have no problem looking at my body, but I am biased of course. My wife says "you are too skinny", but I  go by how I feel. Look your own risk.       =^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I will tell you that the ceiling-mounted camera is most likely the real thing. I say this because one time a friend of mine had a daughter who got caught shoplifting in the dressing room. The daughter was taken to a back room and showed her how they witnessed her stealing. The whole thing was caught on a camera that was hidden inside a ceiling tile above the stall area!Smiley Surprised

@SilleeMee wrote:

I will tell you that the ceiling-mounted camera is most likely the real thing. I say this because one time a friend of mine had a daughter who got caught shoplifting in the dressing room. The daughter was taken to a back room and showed her how they witnessed her stealing. The whole thing was caught on a camera that was hidden inside a ceiling tile above the stall area!Smiley Surprised

@SilleeMee

Now there's a job for men who don't like to work (like my neighbor).  I bet he'd jump at the chance to apply for the job of monitoring the camera over the ladies' dressing room!  eyes popping.gif

Respected Contributor

At the grocery store if you see someone stuffing packages of meat under their coat and you tell an employee, they will do nothing about it.  They won't stop the person, approach him or her and will just let them walk out with the stolen merchandise. That is company policy.  They could be lifting it right in front of the store manager too.  I wonder if that is the same in a clothing store or department store.  Something about being sued if something goes terribly wrong.  

Honored Contributor

In spite of the comments thinking this is "meaningless" information, I am pretty sure about one thing ..........    If any woman is going to be observed in any state of undress. I think she would like to at least KNOW about it first.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@truffle wrote:

At the grocery store if you see someone stuffing packages of meat under their coat and you tell an employee, they will do nothing about it.  They won't stop the person, approach him or her and will just let them walk out with the stolen merchandise. That is company policy.  They could be lifting it right in front of the store manager too.  I wonder if that is the same in a clothing store or department store.  Something about being sued if something goes terribly wrong.  

@truffle

When I worked in retail, we were forbidden from laying a single finger on anyone who we saw shoplifting.

Why?

Because if we touched them, then they could sue us  for "injuries" and "pain and suffering".

We could follow them around the store, we could follow them outside and get the make, model, and color of the car, as well as the license plate, but we were to never, ever touch them.

Honored Contributor

I found this article that lists some stores that do not have cameras in the ladies fitting rooms. http://www.14news.com/story/29665235/unexpectedly-exposed-whos-watching-you-in-dressing-rooms