Honored Contributor

Re: SCOTT PETERSON DEATH SENTENCE WON'T BE RETRIED

@Venezia wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Venezia. You may as well give up. Some people still believe in the tooth fairy too. 

@Pearlee - Are you telling me the tooth fairy isn't real?????  Woman Surprised

@Venezia  😂 It's not; sorry to break the news to you. 😉

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  Yes, I realize his actions were very different from the others.  In fact, probably the exact opposite.  His actions or inactions, didn't harm or kill.  That in itself, was part of the problem he was noted for.

I just brought up his name since it was so similar to the other named men.  His name is infamous, especially down here.  It still fits the bill of your initial statement, at least for me.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

@Grand Happy wrote:
This man is as EVIL as they come. Such a heartbreak seeing her photo on billboards, we prayed every time we would see one.
Her Mom lives very close to us, from what I've heard she seems to be doing well. I couldn't imagine her loss.
Glad they decided not to drag this horrific crime through the courts.

No....Chris Watts in Colorado is as evil as they come. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do think Scott Peterson is guilty.  From what I read and if it is true, all 12 jurors (6 men and 6 women) agreed on the verdict at the end of the day...... "so to speak". I don't mean to make light of it but when 6 men and 6 women can come together unamimously on anything...... that tells me the circumstantial evidence must have been overwhelmingly convincing.  

Let's assume that those that believe he could possibly (or possibly not)  be innocent and  wanted to give him every chance possible......I mean....how hard would it be to believe anything he had to say for himself knowing what a liar he was.  Imo, he  really helped convict himself.   

While I believe in the death penalty where there are eye witnesses, I think, in this case, life in prison is the best answer.  While it's true that lying and cheating don't make a murderer, they can come back to haunt people and certainly cause others to doubt you.  As I said in the beginning, I do think Scott P. is guilty but he helped put himself where he is....... guilty or innocent???.  Dishonest people are not to be believed and most people, I would think,   would probably be influenzed by that.  Kind of like "once a liar always a liar type thing.  Not saying that is good.  Just stating a fact.

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

You know that Scott Peterson was one of the prisoners that filed for pandemic unemployment from prison in the prison wide California scam. 

He's still conning people even when he's behind bars.

@Mindy D 

In general, sociopaths are beyond fixing.  So it's not really surprising that he keeps it up.

Hyacinth

Yes, @hyacinth003 he is a psychopath, and they can't be "fixed".  They do not respond to therapy. They do not have a conscience, or have empathy.  They are shallow, and are often quite charming. In fact, they usually mirror the person they are interested in often fooling the individual.

They also think they are smarter then everyone else, so it never occurs to them they will get caught. They will just seamlessly move from one lie to another.

Super Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I think it more than likely, Lacy was abducted for the purpose of stealing her baby. The baby died and when it was widely reported where and when Scott had been fishing, they saw an opportunity and disposed of Lacy and baby there.

The woman he was seeing was a temporary someone on the side and probably just the latest in a string of them.

My nephew was a prison guard at San Quentin's death row, he said that of all the inmates he met in his years, he believed Scott Peterson was the only innocent one.

Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

@occasionalrain 

I never thought of that.  hmmm.  Interesting.  

@justashopper  @occasionalrain   The fact that Lacy's hair was in pliars on the boat, all of the markings of five homemade weights, which is why Lacy's head, arms, and legs were missing, the weights set the torso free as they remained on the ocean floor, so much evidence that Peterson did it, I can't imagine how anyone could have the theory that he didn't do it, but someone else did, impossible.

I remember reading. or hearing on tv from another prisoner that Peterson said he came up behind Lacy and strangled her, and she never saw it coming, of course, we don't know that for sure, but what reason would the prisoner have for saying that, he got nothing out of it.

I am disappointed that he is no longer under a death sentence, who deserves it more.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Why wouldn't he want to be a father when it would give him more freedom knowing his wife was occupied and home with a baby?

@occasionalrain   He would be monetarily responsble for the child for many years, which he did not want, that is not freedom.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I can't imagine how Ms. Frey missed all of the TV announcements re: S.P.'s wife being missing. 

He was using his real name while dating her. 

I believe her friend watched the news and called/alerted her. 

@ROMARY   Amber said that with working and taking care of her child, she never watched the news, I didn't either at her age.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I know that we can't figure out excatly why some people do bad things......

That said, why would a person who didn't want a baby to begin with, decide to date a woman who has a child (?).

I don't 'get' that.  

@ROMARY   He wouldn't have stayed with Amber, he would have moved on to another woman, and on and on, or have done something to Amber's child, guys have done this. 

He was planning Amber's murder when he learned of the taped phone calls, it was mentioned.  Fortunately, the cops let her know this and were watching his every move.