Honored Contributor

Re: SCOTT PETERSON DEATH SENTENCE WON'T BE RETRIED

@hyacinth003 

Wrong, I believe those other two Petersons, Susan Smith, and that former girlfriend in CA who stabbed her ex boyfriend, were guilty. 

I look at the evidence and the credibility of the witnesses. Everyone, the pleasing and those who are distasteful deserves a fair trial based on evidence not speculation and theories.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@hyacinth003 

Wrong, I believe those other two Petersons, Susan Smith, and that former girlfriend in CA who stabbed her ex boyfriend, were guilty. 

I look at the evidence and the credibility of the witnesses. Everyone, the pleasing and those who are distasteful deserves a fair trial based on evidence not speculation and theories.

@occasionalrain  But your belief that the baby was cut out of Laci's  womb and that is why she was killed is speculation and theory. 🤣

There was a ton of evidence against Scott, which you choose to ignore.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I think it more than likely, Lacy was abducted for the purpose of stealing her baby. The baby died and when it was widely reported where and when Scott had been fishing, they saw an opportunity and disposed of Lacy and baby there.

The woman he was seeing was a temporary someone on the side and probably just the latest in a string of them.

He told the woman he was seeing that his wife was dead. He was also witnessed by a neighbor carrying out a big rug with something inside it. Sorry, but this is fantasy if you think someone else planned this and by coincidence knew he had been fishing, etc. etc.  And by the way, the baby died with her in the bay.

Yes, and Connor's body was much more intact than Laci's body, because he was protected by her uterus.

That's speculation. Had he been born alive and lived longer than Lacy, the result would be the same.

So much of the case was based on just that, speculation and theories. Scott was carrying something that looks like it could be a rug. It could also be a bag containing fishing gear, life jackets, or a change of cloths. 

Lots of innocent people are convicted on theories, speculation, and "suspicious" behavior. Just saw on the news, a man was released from prison after serving 30 years for a crime he did not committ.

Maybe Scott is guilty, but the prosecution didn't prove it.

@occasionalrain  That's nothing like the Peterson case.  There were no witnesses to Laci's murder.

The man released recently after spending 30 years in prison was found guilty because of testimony of one witness to the crime.. That witness told the court decades later he was pressured to do that by the Philadelphia (?) police.  Maybe   had a guilty conscious so he came forward to recant his testimony.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Venezia. You may as well give up. Some people still believe in the tooth fairy too. 

Just as some choose to believe those they dislike are guilty and disregard any/all evidence calling their guilt into question.

Worse, some disparage others and their opinions when they don't see issues as they do.

Please don't ever serve on a jury.

@Bri369 

A defense attorney's dream come true.  Not guilty vote on any case.  Even Casey Anthony.  I have noted (over time) this poster defends seemingly any murderer.  I don't like to criticize an opposing opinion, but it is chronic.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003 

Yes, I usually don't comment on her posts.  I think she does this on purpose.  

Honored Contributor

Just to set the record straight, Nothing against Ms. Frey.

Just wonderding and thinking out loud, as usual.

Have a nice Sunday evening and Monday.

Special and deep thoughts for Memorial Day heroes past, present, and future. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Mindy D  @Pearlee 

@Mindy D wrote:

My philosophy is never marry a man with the last name of Peterson.

Scott Peterson        Killed pregnant wife Lacy 

Drew Peterson         Cop that killed his wife 

Michael Peterson    Killed his wife on the staircase 

I agree, but even take it one step further by adding another Scot (one t) Peterson to the list.  School Resource Deputy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.  Enough said, sadly.  😥 🏫

@SloopJohnB @I intentionally left him out because his actions were very different from the three Peterson's I used. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@hyacinth003 

@occasionalrain  But your belief that the baby was cut out of Laci's  womb and that is why she was killed is speculation and theory. 🤣

You misread my post. I didn't  claim to believe that happened only offered an alternative theory to the prosecution's theory.

Most of the case was theory, supposition, and speculation. Just as has been posted here. For example; Scott didn't want to be a father, he intended to kill his wife because he told Amber his wife was dead...

Had the police not told the media and family, public where Lacy's body was found then the fact aka evidence that it was where Scott had gone fishing would have proved him guilty. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

I know that we can't figure out excatly why some people do bad things......

That said, why would a person who didn't want a baby to begin with, decide to date a woman who has a child (?).

I don't 'get' that.  

@ROMARY @He told Amber that he didn't want children of his own but that he didn't mind her child.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@hyacinth003 

You misread my post. I didn't  claim to believe that happened only offered an alternative theory to the prosecution's theory.

Most of the case was theory, supposition, and speculation. Just as has been posted here. For example; Scott didn't want to be a father, he intended to kill his wife because he told Amber his wife was dead...

Had the police not told the media and family, public where Lacy's body was found then the fact aka evidence that it was where Scott had gone fishing would have proved him guilty. 

@occasionalrain. Nope. Most of the case was very strong circumstantial evidence which, when all taken together, added up to "he's guilty."  Circumstantial evidence can be much more reliable then eye witnesses.  Remember, there is any doubt at all, and there is reasonable doubt. The jury rightly concluded that Scott was guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Venezia. You may as well give up. Some people still believe in the tooth fairy too. 

@Pearlee - Are you telling me the tooth fairy isn't real?????  Woman Surprised