Honored Contributor

Re: SCOTT PETERSON DEATH SENTENCE WON'T BE RETRIED

@barrel racer wrote:

Can't understand why people have to play news reporters on the forum.

@barrel racer  Nobody "has to."  Just like nobody has to read threads if it's news they know already, nor chastise other posters for posting the threads. It's a choice.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Why wouldn't he want to be a father when it would give him more freedom knowing his wife was occupied and home with a baby?

@occasionalrain @You're thinking rationally. Scott Peterson was not. You're seeing this through your own eyes and you're not a despicable low life killer  or a sociopath. You are a normal person. Peterson has no conscience, you do.

Honored Contributor

I believe life in prison is a good place for Peterson -  I can't imagine contemplating all those years ahead still with virtually no path out the door.  I don't always want to hand the life or death power to those most intimately on the victims' side, but I am pleased Laci's family does not have to sit through another trial.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@barrel racer wrote:

Can't understand why people have to play news reporters on the forum.

@barrel racer @The news reports are of interest to some of us and sometimes we would like to discuss the stories. It's just a personal preference. We all have our own interests. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Incriminating trial testimony:

On December 9, she said, Peterson came to her house and said he needed to tell her something that would upset her.

"I could hear his stomach churning a little bit," she said. He began crying and told her that he had lied to her when he said he had never been married.

He said "that he had lost his wife," Frey said.

She testified that "he said it was entirely too painful for him to talk about" and she did not press him about what he meant by "lost."

When she asked him if it was a recent loss, "he stated that this would be the first holidays he would be spending without her," he said.

Because Laci Peterson disappeared two weeks later, on Dec. 24, prosecutors have pointed to these comments as some of the most incriminating against Peterson.

Frey's friend Sibley previously testified that she learned Peterson was married and threatened to expose him unless he went to Frey on his own. Prosecutors have hinted that the brush with losing Frey led him to begin plotting his wife's murder.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418   I regard a life sentence without no access to parole as a living death, not all that much of a reduction -  not that Peterson was entitled to reduction.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine how Ms. Frey missed all of the TV announcements re: S.P.'s wife being missing. 

He was using his real name while dating her. 

I believe her friend watched the news and called/alerted her. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@mom2four0418   I regard a life sentence without no access to parole as a living death, not all that much of a reduction -  not that Peterson was entitled to reduction.

It would be a living death for me, but for a sociopath like Peterson it's hard for me to figure out what would be punishment to such a person. At least the family doesn't have to go through parole hearings and reassert/relive their pain over and over to keep him behind bars. To think that loving girl gave that monster her heart...

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I believe life in prison is a good place for Peterson -  I can't imagine contemplating all those years ahead still with virtually no path out the door.  I don't always want to hand the life or death power to those most intimately on the victims' side, but I am pleased Laci's family does not have to sit through another trial.  

@millieshops  The thing is, even with a life without parole sentence there are possibilities for him to get out. If he ever was executed though, those possibilities are gone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know that Scott Peterson was one of the prisoners that filed for pandemic unemployment from prison in the prison wide California scam. 

He's still conning people even when he's behind bars.