Respected Contributor

Re: SCOTT PETERSON DEATH SENTENCE WON'T BE RETRIED

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Good. He was judged by a jury of his peers and they determined his sentence and it should stand. He should never get out.

He originally received the death penalty, and now the sentence has been reduced to life in prison without parole.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee I typed HE......you say the prosecutor is a woman (which I didn't know)

So - guess HE means Scott Peterson

Unbelievable............

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain 

I never thought of that.  hmmm.  Interesting.  

Honored Contributor

He is where he should be.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Pearlee I typed HE......you say the prosecutor is a woman (which I didn't know)

So - guess HE means Scott Peterson

Unbelievable............

@fthunt. Yes unbelievable that you are scolding me.  I didn't think you knew the prosecutor was a woman, which you confirm.  Thus your first post wasn't clear who you meant. 🙄

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe that Lacy's family made the right decision because there are so many lengthy appeals to a death penalty sentence. I read that they didn't want to go through the emotional upheavel again and again.

I don't care if he were executed or rots in jail for the rest of his life. He thought his beautiful young wife and son were worthless. I think he is.

Valued Contributor

This man is as EVIL as they come. Such a heartbreak seeing her photo on billboards, we prayed every time we would see one.
Her Mom lives very close to us, from what I've heard she seems to be doing well. I couldn't imagine her loss.
Glad they decided not to drag this horrific crime through the courts.
Honored Contributor

@justashopper 

It seemed obvious when comparing Lacy, whom he married, to the woman with whom he was having the affair. 

I see no motive for him to kill Lacy, he had the best of both worlds.

Some men love their wives but can't resist opportunities to cheat and being attractive, traveling for work gave ample opportunities.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I think it more than likely, Lacy was abducted for the purpose of stealing her baby. The baby died and when it was widely reported where and when Scott had been fishing, they saw an opportunity and disposed of Lacy and baby there.

The woman he was seeing was a temporary someone on the side and probably just the latest in a string of them.

@occasionalrain  Interesting that Amber Frey, Scott's girlfriend, testified that Scott told her the upcoming Christmas and New Year's holidays would be the first without his wife because she was dead.  Gosh he must have been able to see the future. Or he made that come true.

Valued Contributor

He made it come true. He had it planned I Believe, he didn't want to be a Father!!