Honored Contributor

SCOTT PETERSON DEATH SENTENCE WON'T BE RETRIED

[ Edited ]

After consultation with Laci's family, the prosecutor will not retry the death penalty sentence for Scott Peterson.  Therefore his sentence will stand at life without the possibility of parole.  Several months ago Peterson won a retrial on the penalty phase only of his trial when the jury gave him the death penalty.  According to news reports, Laci's  family firmly believes Scott murdered Laci and her unborn baby Conor but they don't want to go through another trial. 

Sources: Modesto Bee and CNN

Honored Contributor

Re: SCOTT PETERSON DEATH SENTENCE WON'T BE RETRIED

Good.   It certainly was not a coincidence that Scott's wife and baby ended up on shore.  He was so called fishing in that bay to dump his wife's body.  He deserves to be in prison for life.  That is truly cold hearted to kill your wife and unborn son.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

That guy isn't very smart.

Honored Contributor

The result will probably be a new Scott Peterson TV special.  His story is about up anyway in the normal rotation of spectacular murder cases.  They're so desperate, they're interviewing Casey Anthony's cell mate who I'm sure is busily embellishing her story this very minute. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think it more than likely, Lacy was abducted for the purpose of stealing her baby. The baby died and when it was widely reported where and when Scott had been fishing, they saw an opportunity and disposed of Lacy and baby there.

The woman he was seeing was a temporary someone on the side and probably just the latest in a string of them.

Valued Contributor

That is great news I was afraid he was going to get off the hook. He is human scum and killed his wife and unborn child. Was afraid some crazy judge would let him off.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

That guy isn't very smart.

@fthunt. What guy?  Scott? Or do you mean the prosecutor who is a woman? I don't know who you are referencing.

Respected Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

That is great news I was afraid he was going to get off the hook. He is human scum and killed his wife and unborn child. Was afraid some crazy judge would let him off.

The verdict was not going to be part of the retrial.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@KACEE1115  He couldn't have been "let off."  The new trial would have only been about the sentencing phase, i.e. getting the death penalty or not. It wasn't about his guilt or innocence.

Trusted Contributor

Good. He was judged by a jury of his peers and they determined his sentence and it should stand. He should never get out.