Honored Contributor

Re: SC Legal Scion Alex Murdaugh Hired Own Hitman

As far as the settlement to Satterfield's family, there are no court records showing an approval by a judge.  According to SC law, the settlement has to be approved in a court of law.

This is why the family never received any money and never knew that Llyods of London had approved the $500,000 settlement.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

He probably had his wife and daughter killed too. Double life low life who got his way all the time because of his money and "name" in the community.

To avoid confusion, it was his wife and another son who were killed, @Greeneyedlady21.  This is a convoluted story.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

He probably had his wife and daughter killed too. Double life low life who got his way all the time because of his money and "name" in the community.

@Greeneyedlady21   Wife and son, not daughter.  They did not have a daughter.

Trusted Contributor

Several unsolved murders in this man's circle. The long-time housekeeper died a few years ago due to a brain injury after a " trip and fall" in the home. He promised to give the family $500k from insurance but they have received nothing. There have been the wife, the son, and a young woman who died in the boating accident, and a young man who died from a crushed skull who was friends of one of the Murdaugh sons. Murdaugh  has also stolen millions from his law firm, is an opioid addict, but may only be charged with conspiracy to commit insurance fraud.

Honored Contributor

Quite a few dead bodies surrounding the Murdaugh family.

Although "prominent family members" in the coummunity  were/are being considered in the death of Stephen Smith, I am not seeing a link since the Murdaughs are not the only rich families in the area.

My feeling is that Curtis Smith (no relation to Stephen) was not supposed to kill Alex anyway-just to make it look as though this family is the target of revenge killings-vague in of themselves.

Also the wife and son were killed with two different weapons which is odd, too.

Gloria, the housekeeper, is very troublesome; no autopsy?  It would appear she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, possibly a witness to a conversation.  Her family deserves answers, the money aside.

The surviving son "Buster" seems to be kept out of the spotlight right now.  I'm not drawing any conclusions about him either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if Randy, Alex's brother (who is also in the law firm), knows what's up and was behind the scenes in each of these unsavory dealings.  If you read the reports, he always showed up at important times, like Forrest Gump.  Even if he wasn't directly involved in embezzlement and drugs, he still has an interest in protecting the family's and law firm's reputations.

I'm concerned the truth in all this - including the deaths of the housekeeper and Buster's friend - won't be uncovered since the family has the county's judicial system in its back pocket.  They may also have the local media there.  I hope the national media continues to focus on it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hope this case comes to CourtTV!

I see a Dateline, 48 Hrs and/or 20/20 "2 hr each 4 parter mini-series" to come out before the year is out!  Followed by ID Investigation's "Perfect Murder" show & Oxygen's "Murder, Suicide or Accident" show.

Did I leave out any real crime shows? Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Wow, pays someone to kill him?  And the shooter misses?  What did he duck at the last minute?  Chicken out?

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like Nancy Grace is now working on the Gabby Petito case but I know she has been delving into the background of the Murdaugh family empire...sounds like they have owned the entire county as well as the courts there for generations, hence only $20k bail for him. There was an 80 year old woman charged with killing another woman here yesterday...her bail is a million dollars...can't imagine an 80 year old woman being much of a flight risk, but Murdaugh sure is.

Respected Contributor

These type of cases have all of the elements Dominick Dunne would write or report on.