Respected Contributor

SAVE. YOURSELF TIME &. ENERGY, DON’T GO......

Yesterday I happened to stop at a BonTon department store on my travels.  Surprise: first day of store closing due to bankruptcy....store credit card not usable nor could rewards cards be used.

What was really disconcerting was that the liquidation company they chose raised the merchandise prices so high that when you applied the 20 or 30 % discount, the price was still outrageous.  

Example: a wicker type small basket was $60 or $80 less the discount.  Really, I could go to Homegoods and get it for $10.  As I looked at other shoppers ( of all ages ), I could see them looking at items with a questioning glance and then return it to the shelf or rounder.

At this rate, it will be an eternity before the merchandise is sold....if ever.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Re: SAVE. YOURSELF TIME &. ENERGY, DON’T GO......

Sorry about Bon Ton.  I got an email a few days ago stating they were closing that day and credit card, rewards, etc. were no good also effective the same day.

When our KMart went out they did the same thing - raised prices and sold items that had never been sold at KMart.

Who do they think they're kidding?  People who shop in these stores all the time know better.  

Respected Contributor

If you ever see one, a true liquidation sale is great. That's where federal marshals lock the doors and the store can't raise prices. When you get 50% or more off, it is off the regular price before the store closed.

Valued Contributor

I went too yesterrday and found the same to be true at my store. Everything is back to regular price with 10 or 20% off. lousy sale.

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

I went to my !ocal store too, not for a deal but to say Sorry to the sales people losing their jobs....they have always been kind & helpful making sure I found what I was looking for & letting me know about upcoming sales, I enjoyed shopping there.