Respected Contributor

Re: SAVANNAH AND HODA ON THE TODAY SHOW

[ Edited ]

They are both highly competent at their jobs.  I am addicted to"Morning Joe," so that's what I watch instead.  I've been a journalist--it's a hard job, as the world just keeps turning and things keep changing.  Sometimes the messengers get the anger---it's seldom their fault, though sometimes they do stir things up.

I have to say I have always liked Al Roker, and he reports the dramatic weather of the day, (at least in my region, I hear local weather news briefly when they cut away). I don't think they employ him to report about weather all over the country--that is the local weather's pickup.

Honored Contributor

Don't know, don't care.  I haven't watched that show in many years.

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

They are both highly competent at their jobs.  I am addicted to"Morning Joe," so that's what I watch instead.  I've been a journalist--it's a hard job, as the world just keeps turning and things keep changing.  Sometimes the messengers get the anger---it's seldom their fault, though sometimes they do stir things up.

I have to say I have always liked Al Roker, and he reports the dramatic weather of the day, (at least in my region, I hear local weather news briefly when they cut away). I don't think they employ him to report about weather all over the country--that is the local weather's pickup.

@Burnsite    On a National broadcast, he certainly should give at least a little attention to all quadrants of the USA.  Don't East Coast cities have local weather reports?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'd be surprised if there weren't any drama behind the scenes of a major national morning show. You have to have a huge ego and care intensely about your popularity in order to rise to that level. And you have to be the best at fighting off your competitors.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Kachina,

I would be angry if the local weather where I am is ignored, but it cuts in every half hour or so--the part where the weather-person says "and here is your local weather".

If you don't get that I can see why you are irritated by "Today."

New Mexico is gorgeous, a national treasure, and its weather certainly does deserve coverage.

Frequent Contributor

Hoda...Oh No! Really like Craig, down to earth kind of guy. Al not so much. Savannah..meh !

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

@Burnsite - I'm a big Morning Joe fan also.  I watch every single day.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but this just sounds like gossip.  Where do you read this stuff?

@Puppy Lips 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips Not really curious about their situation,but I do enjoy watching jenna and hoda.To me,even tho jenna seems really down to earth and she sure has a cute family

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh - Me, too! I never miss a day of Morning Joe! I think that's the best show on TV. I watch it every morning, starting when it just begins every day at 5 am CT.